England win the Ashes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Gavin Hamilton, Duggie Brown and Mike Denness are three Scots to have played for England. There are many more I suspect.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Richp is sending me a load of money so I can buy a pint at Norwegian prices! :biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvo
181-4!

England have to win this Test to win the Ashes, a draw is no good. So why are they only scoring at 3.35 an over?

If this goes 5 days I'll buy you a pint at Norwegian prices!

Did it last 5 days though, Dayvo? My wedge is safe, I fancy!:biggrin:

rich p said:
Gavin Hamilton, Duggie Brown and Mike Denness are three Scots to have played for England. There are many more I suspect.

Peter Such! He received a standing ovation for his outstanding 51-ball duck, England v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Old Trafford, August 5, 1999

He played at Essex, and requested an old Land Rover as his sponsored car.

Mr Pig

User482 said:
Say, this Megrahi fellow. I can't believe that a Scottish issue gets so much time on the national news.

I agree. that was ages ago and was just a village being destroyed by a Jumbo jet killing hundreds. Nowhere near as important as cricket. To the English anyway.

wafflycat

Mr Pig said:
I agree. that was ages ago and was just a village being destroyed by a Jumbo jet killing hundreds. Nowhere near as important as cricket. To the English anyway.

Don't be a twat & think an entire nation of people is a homogenous mass. You're a nasty idiot.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
During my research (!) I discovered that this bloke did the reverse trip - an Englisman who qualified for Scotland.

Steven Thomas Knox (born February 16, 1974 in Lancashire) is a first class cricketer who plays for Scotland. A right-handed opening batsman, Knox was born in England but completed his seven years qualification to become a Scottish national. - Wiki

I only posted this so that I could say that he didn't bat very often but he had a couple of good knox:rolleyes:;)

Top Bottom