England win the Ashes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I did the Great North Run a few years ago the the Ashes were paraded before the start. Can't remember who was holding them, but I thought they looked like a small bottle of Budweiser.

Wolf04

Brilliant days cricket, the advantage ebbing and flowing all day. So tense I drank all my beer and had to switch to red wine to celebrate, a mouthful of which was sprayed over the computer, thanks Lisa21.
Well done England and thanks for everything Freddie.

Mr Pig

I resent the fact that cricket is on the national news. The English are the only people in Great Briton who give a shoot about it. It should be on the regional news.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mr Pig said:
I resent the fact that cricket is on the national news. The English are the only people in Great Briton who give a shoot about it. It should be on the regional news.

English and Welsh actually :rofl: (plus any other johnny foreigner who we can get with a UK passport)

The Ashes are home :laugh:

Noodley

Mr Pig said:

What a load of rubbish. You ever seen how many cricket teams there are in Scotland? No probably not.....

wafflycat

Uncle Mort said:
Did anyone listen to the programme on the Packer period on R4LW yesterday? Very interesting to know that test cricketeres were getting paid 100-200 AUD per match back then...

Yes, I did. I'm not a cricket fan (watching paint dry is much more interesting) but the programme on what was going on at the time of setting up the Packer cricket was fascinating.

U

User482

Mr Pig said:

Then explain why Scotland has a national cricket team. And even if the entire population of Scotland didn't care, that's 8% of the UK population. Big deal.

Say, this Megrahi fellow. I can't believe that a Scottish issue gets so much time on the national news...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The Scotsman has reported on The Ashes win so someone there does give a sh*t although there are a few small minded individuals making similar comments, oh well..

Anyway - good on England, well done chaps!!

Top Bottom