England's 'forward line'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I've not really paid much attention yet to what is going on with England (or the WC to be honest) but was wondering what forwards you'd put out as the preferred 'forward line'?

Crouch and Rooney?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
if the squad numbers are to be believed, its rooney and crouch.
i do reckon he'll sneak heskey into the team though, and a bit depends on barry playing, as he may play barry/gerrard/lampard/lennon/milner and then rooney upfront. i can't see taht tbh

no-one likes defending to a big strong tall bloke, so he should play Crouch

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I had not seen the squad numbers, sorry :laugh:

I'd reckon Heskey would be a good 'sub' option if things are not going as well as expected - or even a starting option if it gets to the final group match and England have not delivered.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Smokin Joe said:
Squad numbers don't mean much. The last time England sent a team out numbered 1-11 was in 1970.
how do you know that??? And why do you know that????

soulful dog

Veteran
Since Rooney is far and away the best forward, whoever supports him best.... and that seems to be Heskey. Wasn't that Capello's preferred option during the qualifiers, so why would it change now?

mangaman

Jmetz said:
has to be heskey and rooney, crouch needs to be that lanky sub that comes on....

I agree it'll be Rooney and Heskey - but I'd like to see Defoe as the "impact sub" if Heskey is poor. Replacing him with Crouch is not going to change the system.

Defoe and Rooney would be a definite Plan B.

Top Bottom