Enterprise Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Week 4

Unfortunately we had a week off last week as I was ill so we jumped back into gear this week. The children were trying to source the last bits and pieces so that we could continue with the restoration of the bikes...an essential was to try and find a track pump and the kids have found one for £9.99 delivered (I’m a bit worried about the quality and have in mind the old adage: “Buy cheap, buy twice” but we do have a tight budget so we’ll see what happens.

The new bar tape went onto the children’s road bike and I must say that the kids did a very neat job! I’m coming round to the red and pink theme and think it might actually work when it all comes together. We hit a bit of a stumbling block with the new saddle. It seems that the seat post fixings have changed over the years and they aren't compatible...The site supervisor is on the job and is trying to adapt the original but I have a sneaky feeling that we might have to buy a new seat post L. We also started to clean up the adult Peugeot and, with a bit of help from some T-Cut by the site supervisor, it seems like we might not have to go to the expense of re-spraying/powder coating.

A new club record was set on the turbo! Three minutes of hectic cycling brought a distance of 0.825 miles which I must say was really impressive and the bar has been set very high! We’re hoping to have the children’s road bike up and running in the next two weeks and that will mean that we can have two bikes fighting it out head-to-head (I’ll be interested to see how the vintage bike hold up against the modern bike!).
handlebars.jpg
Speedo.jpg
laptop.jpg

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Sorry about the quality of the pictures!!!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
@Easytigers just sorted out various older style steel wheels some 27" and some 700s some fr and some rears if they are any use please have them all or i will offer them out
Yes please Biggs!!! The wheels on the Peugeot are shot so a pair for that would be brilliant! Thank you for the support!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looking good Easy-tigers!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
The site supervisor came up with a peach of an idea this morning: The kids can design a jersey and we can have them made up so that they have their own kit. Is this feasible? Does anyone know what the costing might be like and any reputable companies that we could use???

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Just home after picking up the wheels. Must say a massive thank you to @biggs682 It was really cool to chat about bikes and riding and I must apologise for keeping him chatting for so long (especially as it was such a cold night!). Can't wait to get them to school in the morning...the kids will be really chuffed!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Frustration!

We've pretty much got the children's road bike sorted and the kids were excited to get it up and running on the turbo...We bought an Elite Turbo for it and spent an age trying to fit it. It said that it would take 650 wheels but when we set it up the tyre was catching on the frame. We spent the whole session trying to sort it but no joy!

On a much better note, @biggs682 donated some wheels that we might be able to use so the kids got busy cleaning them down.

The children attacked the turbo with the usual energy level but no-one was able to beat the club record of 0.825 miles in 3 mins!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
We've had a couple more sessions since my last post. The children have started to design an Enterprise Club kit - school colours are green and yellow so not the most inspiring of combinations but there have been a few good designs! We're going to look for a sponsor once we start the new term so fingers crossed.

Another bit of great news was the extremely kind donation of a SAB bike frame. The guy who gave it to us bought it to build up as a winter bike but it turned out to be too small. It came with a set of Pinarello forks and there's a front derailleur, seat post, chainset, front and back break calipers and a set of old Tiagra shifters. The kids quickly got busy trying to source a rear mech, cable kit, saddle, 80mm stem and various other bits and bats to try and get us going. Most of the components needed a good clean so another group of kids made good use of a packet of baby wipes and brought them back to gleaming condition!The club record was also broken and now stands at 0.891 miles in 3 mins!!!
photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG

photo 1 (1).JPG

Top Bottom