Entertainment !!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Jeeeeesus...the X Factor :evil:

I'd sooner nail my knackers to a telegraph pole, blindfolded, with bent rusty nails and a lump hammer. :tongue:

Sorry, just had to get that off me chest. :smile:

gbb said:
Jeeeeesus...the X Factor :evil:

I'd sooner nail my knackers to a telegraph pole, blindfolded, with bent rusty nails and a lump hammer. :tongue:

Sorry, just had to get that off me chest. :smile:

:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yenrod

For me when they where showing the prog. prior to when they went to the live shows, the poeple that went off then where the better singers !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We're enjoying it...it's simple family fun and there's not much of that on the telly.
Rhydian has a true singing talent and Same Difference although a bit weird are simple wholesome entertainers and I don't see much wrong with that. Leon on the other hand...I'm still perplexed why he's been on the show for the last 6 weeks. One for armchair critics everywhere...especially those in our sitting room aged 8, 12, 14, 43 and 44.

You don't have to watch it!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
You said it FF..theres nothing much else on worth watching :evil:

Its the singing style for me...too much like cabaret style acts. Does nothing for me.
Rhydian..technically the best, without a doubt.

Leon..i agree..whats he still doing there.??

Same Difference...Cowel had it right early on in the series...'you are potentially the most annoying act ive ever seen on this program'
Wholesome...maybe...again, not my type. I can see them doing kids TV very well.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well Leon won...no surprise from the British public there then...:smile:

Rhydian's not really my cup of tea either, but he will do very well in the Musical theatre and operatic Tenor/Popular songs and there's a pretty big market there as Michael Ball, Russell Watson, Bryn Terfal etc. can attest.
I think he has a long career ahead of him.

Same Difference will also do well in musical theatre, kids shows, variety/light entertainment and ....PANTO. They'd also be great at Disney.

Leon will make an album bought by loads of grannies and will disappear from sight.

zzz factor more like. The only good thing about that show is the first rounds of atrocious singing and utterly delusional contestants, they have me weeping with laughter when they weep with disappointment at their 'shattered dreams'.

girofan

xx(;) Cowell must be laughing up his sleeve at you lot!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's all big bucks for Simon - I prefer the audition stages - all the no hopers that think they can sing.... cringe factor !!

Now my singing is bad but it's not as bad as some of those... but then again....must try 2008 auditions....NOT !

SamNichols

Pop up Pirate was a great game, until you realised which one the one that made it pop up was (it was the same one every time), then the loser was just the one with the last sword left). Buckaroo, meanwhile, is fantastic, and makes a superb drinking game too (the new version, with the 3 difficulty switch is impossible).

SamNichols said:
Pop up Pirate was a great game, until you realised which one the one that made it pop up was (it was the same one every time), then the loser was just the one with the last sword left). Buckaroo, meanwhile, is fantastic, and makes a superb drinking game too (the new version, with the 3 difficulty switch is impossible).

I'm pretty certain pop up pirate is different now. We bought it last Christmas. You occasionally get a repeat slot if you push the thingy back down before you take the swords out but it usually changes place. Agree about the difficulty of buckaroo. Not tried it as a drinking game (yet :sad:)

SamNichols

The drinking game is infinitely improved by playing the game with a drink that noone wants to drink, try: Unicum (the Hungarian national drink, tastes like barbecued eucalyptus) or Stag's Breath (a whiky liquer that tastes like whisky mixed with vomit). The game then gets infinitely competitive, I believe our record was all the stuff, plus 2 wallets, a railcard and 2 dangling bunches of keys.
Crazy student days.

Top Bottom