Entry level air fork suspension suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kovacsa

Hi All, Can anyone suggest an entry level air fork to replace this one on my hybrid bike?

Suntour NRX D HLO. 63mm. Hydraulic Speed Lockout / Preload
https://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/products/fork/NRX-D-5895.html

I won't be doing anything extreme with it. I'd like to have a stiff adjustable suspension that will mostly be used for smoothing out the bumps on the road and gravel trails.

This is my current bike:
https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/whistler/2015 (Must select Whistler 70 when on the site)

Thanks!

8mph

Veteran
what's wrong with the forks that are currently on your hybrid? Is there a mechanical issue or do you want to upgrade?

OP
OP
K

kovacsa

what's wrong with the forks that are currently on your hybrid? Is there a mechanical issue or do you want to upgrade?
I think it works as expected. Just looking to upgrade to a better performing more adjustable fork. :smile:

To tell the truth, unless you have some sort of demanding physical issue I don't think you need suspension at all for the sort of riding you describe.
Imho "hybrid" and "suspension" have no place in the same sentence.
Unecessary weight, complication, maintenance, money wasted that could be spent on the bike.
I would wave goodbye to it.

rowan 46

Über Member
I used to have an rst vogue air on a a bike which is now unfortunately being enjoyed by someone else they were very good at soaking up the road and canal side bumps. Rockshox paragon air may be easier to source however and cheaper. Although I have no experience of them reviews seem positive.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Replace with a rigid steel fork or (if you are feeling saucy) carbon

For your riding, the weight difference alone will outweigh the suspension benefits (if any) of your current fork

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Imho "hybrid" and "suspension" have no place in the same sentence..

Only in the warped minds of cycling industry marketing executives does anyone require suspension for non-extreme terrain. It's all about selling people mostly low-grade junk they don't actually need, and shortening the bike replacement cycle to drive more sales volume - since suspension bikes end up being skipped far sooner than rigids because once a fork goes on a cheaper bike, it's effectively uneconomic to repair them.

Top Bottom