Epic Cycles - good price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

I just thought I'd share that I stumbled across Epic Cycles. I was surprised that they don't show prices online but, clearly list bikes with the various spec levels for one to enquire about.

I have not had any dealings with this company so can't advise what the true customer service is like. Many be someone else can.

Anyway, I have been considering a Bianchi Aria disc/di2 but, refuse to spend that much without a test ride and validating the frame size I need. This bike is commonly available for £4499.99 at usual retailers. Epic Cycles quoted me £3960. Its quite a saving if you can wait as I think they get them to order.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think they are quite well known for Bianchi and other Euro brands but they don't have a shop per se, and don't seem to have a workshop so don;t know how they would troubleshoot any mechanical issues
https://epic-cycles.co.uk/about-us

If you prefer to buy from a specific shop, nothing to stop you asking what they can do on price. In normal times, most will entertain a drop of 10%

Reactions: DSK

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems they operate from a unit on an industrial estate. I would guess no test rides but if you want to travel to Ludlow then I should think they would allow you to throw a leg over.

vickster

Legendary Member
Except it sounds like they only order in for a specific customer and don't have them all lined up waiting

If I was spending £4k+ I'd much rather have a proper shop with mechanics to fall back on

Sigma have that bike (aren't you in SW London part of the time?) - might be worth a chat about pricing if they have your size.
Geoffrey Butler Cycles in S Croydon another big Bianchi dealer

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As Vicky says you might be glad of local help especially with the added complication of Di2 so you might be glad you paid a little extra unless you want a trip to Shropshire if you run into trouble.

OP
OP
DSK

DSK

This was only posted as I know a few members have bought Bianchi's and seemed to know what they were after exactly. So this may appeal to such a buyer, who knows exactly what they are after.

For me, I cannot spend that sort of money without a test ride. I have never ridden a Bianchi and would hate to guess/take a punt on sizing. Rutland are not doing showrooms or test rides anytime soon. I'm not desperate but, but looking at a Trek Madone 9.X or Bianchi Aria to potentially replace my TCR Di2. Need to see/test before deciding and parting with any money.

Yes I'm in SW London 1/2 the week and Midlands the other half. Since lockdown, I've been in the Midlands and going forwards I guess I will be working from home or the Midlands office up the road as we are looking to reduce floor space at HQ in SW London. Its been noted we are likely to be at HQ now perhaps a handful of times a month with WFH and local office being the way forward... which means more cycling for me :bicycle:

mrcunning

Über Member
I meant on the other bikes, pift like i would read one of your posts right thro..^_^:becool:

mrcunning

Über Member
I just thought I'd share that I stumbled across Epic Cycles. I was surprised that they don't show prices online but, clearly list bikes with the various spec levels for one to enquire about.

I have not had any dealings with this company so can't advise what the true customer service is like. Many be someone else can.

Anyway, I have been considering a Bianchi Aria disc/di2 but, refuse to spend that much without a test ride and validating the frame size I need. This bike is commonly available for £4499.99 at usual retailers. Epic Cycles quoted me £3960. Its quite a saving if you can wait as I think they get them to order.
I think most shops will offer 10%-20% discount on bikes but these days they dont need to,it will surely change in a couple of months time..

vickster

Legendary Member
I meant on the other bikes, pift like i would read one of your posts right thro..^_^:becool:
It wasn't my post :scratch:
The OP (not me) quotes a reduction from £4500 to £3960 which is around 10% off so maybe start off with that an assumption for other Bianchi models...

or alternatively, just pay the (full) price via a site that does give the price if that better meets your principles regarding a retailer you’d like to buy from :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's like the suddenly proliferation of car dealers going online and delivering your chosen vehicle straight to your door - what kind of muppet buys a car without trying it first?

Top Bottom