Epiphany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

My folks arrived at my house this morning to pick up the mini-tetes. As they arrived, I was about to leave so all in my cycling clobber. They smugly announced "you'll be delighted to know that's the rain on!" and it was at this point that I realised I am now well and truly addicted to cycling, as my response wasn't "och well I'll go and get changed and take the train" as it would have been this time last year, but "oh well guess I'm gonna get wet".:biggrin:

Furthermore, according to my records(;)) I have now covered the same distance this year as I did by 20 Feb last year.:biggrin:

Now smug but no-one is nearby to bore with these facts (with?)!:angry:

On reflection I suspect that recognising myself as a proper cyclist now may have something to do with lack of people to bore.:thumbsup:

Hmmm. Your not there yet Tete.

It's when you look out the window noticing the gale force wind that will be in your face the whole way, along with the driving sheets of rain, and you also remember that your normal route has been closed for repairs and that you have to take the route that take you over the top of mount doom. Despite this the only thought on your mind as you look in the mirror before you leave your house is:

Damn I look goooood in lycra, aaaaawwwweeeee (whilst dancing off towards the bike in Cat from Red dwarf fashion).....;)

Can you tell I'm knackered again today and my brain has gone to mush!....:angry:

Tynan

Veteran
not sure about that magna, that Mt Doom looked well bloody steep to me

but rain is nothing, I like a bit of rain now and then, get tiresome quite quickly, especially if sir can't get all his kit dry in time for the next one

I always say rain makes no difference, wind is the nuisance

had the magic today of setting off feeling tired and weary and not fancying it and ten minutes later tearing along feeling great and enjoying it

Maz

Guru
Tete, you should've honoured thy mother and father - by going back in the house on the pretense of getting changed into normal clobber to get the train. Then leave via the back door, get your bike and away!

Hands up, who else didn't know what epiphany meant in this context?!

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
My folks arrived at my house this morning to pick up the mini-tetes. As they arrived, I was about to leave so all in my cycling clobber. They smugly announced "you'll be delighted to know that's the rain on!" and it was at this point that I realised I am now well and truly addicted to cycling, as my response wasn't "och well I'll go and get changed and take the train" as it would have been this time last year, but "oh well guess I'm gonna get wet".;)

I think this is definitely the point you become a real cyclist - the point where you just ride your bike cos it's what you do. Anything else just feels wrong.

I know cos I've been on the train since New Year (don't ask) and it feels very wrong. Hopefully be back on 2 wheels on Monday though.

Tynan

Veteran
pah?

Colchester Royal Grammar, best results in the country or suchlike in the last results

Top Bottom