Erectile Dysfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
My other half saw something on TV at the weekend about cycling and gentlemen's problems:ohmy:. So I decided to do some research into it on the net.
A little reading can be a dangerous thing. After reading this I was quite worried and was about to go and check my bike, saddle, set up and under carriage for any wear and tear:sad:. Luckily I decided to carry on my researchs and found this. Especially the fifth paragraph:tongue:. The eighth para has decided me on not changing my bars (though at my age aero's would be a pointless move).
As with "Three Men in a Boat", J looks at a medical dictionary and discovers he has every ailment known to man except hypochondria and decides that to sort them out they should embark on their trip. Maybe I should give up this searching and just RIDE!!:smile:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I haven't noticed any problems;):smile:, but if you are concerned get an anti compression saddle, a lot of them are nowadays, I think the issue is in extreme cases, I am sure the health benefits of cycling outweigh the slight risk of e.d. You could try running instead but your joints might fall to pieces due to impact damage though;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd have thought the first sign of potential setup problems would be any tingling (no, not that sort!) or numb feelings down there, pins and needles, that sort of thing.
I've occasionally noticed a slight soreness afterwards, but I think that was riding in jeans with the saddle a bit high...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No idea about this at all. I did, however, notice that my LBS had a saddle on display with packaging proclaiming that it was "The Love Seat" :smile:

No really, for once I am telling the truth. I have not Googled this piece of kit yet, but it really does exist.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm not sure if it doesn't happen much or if people just don't admit to it on a public forum. The only one I know who's had this problem, to the point at which he gave up cycling, is Wigsie. Even he dressed it up with some nonsense about how it was a bad back etc.

Sadly this solved one problem and created a new one. He'd started to become 'buff' via the cycling and so was in demand in the bedroom. Then couldn't perform so the cycling had to go, but then he went 'lardy' again so the demand in the bedroom tailed off. Some people are just destined to be one of lifes unfortunates:evil:

guitarpete247 said:
I was quite worried and was about to go and check my bike, saddle, set up and under carriage for any wear and tear:sad:.

Get someone else to check it for you?

Much better way to check for dysfunction!

yello

I had a few weeks of 'problems' after LEL last year (1400km in 5 days). I went to the doc and he quite unequivocally said that cycling, or more particularly the saddle, was NOT to blame. That it was just coincidental!

Thinking about it, given my history of cycling without problems, I'd agree. Since then, I've read up a bit and consensus seems to be that the doc was right. A poorly set up saddle can lead to discomfort etc but not, it would seem, ED.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My walking buddy got it recently when he started seeing a new lady. It was nerves and it soon improved after I told him to try to relax. He hardly ever cycles.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Unless your saddle is not set up right or you're a Tour de France type rider, who spends hours in the saddle everyday training & racing, I don't think cycling will cause this problem.

Norm

I think someone is confusing cycling with owning a BMW, although science has not yet determined whether it is cause or effect. :blush:

montage

God Almighty
Wigsie has ED?

Oh I feel so soooooooooooooo much safer now.
Time to stop sleeping with the windows locked and the glass bottle by the side of the bed now. Best piece of news I have heard all month

chap

Veteran
The best of both worlds: Cycling and the Crown jewels

If you're worried about your danglies, get yourself one of these. Just don't brake too hard :girl:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gawd! I always say Brooks saddles look like they're made by a medieval chastity belt maker and that one really looks like a weird instrument of sexual torture!

yello

Globalti said:
Gawd! I always say Brooks saddles look like they're made by a medieval chastity belt maker and that one really looks like a weird instrument of sexual torture!

...but oh so comfortable :smile:

Top Bottom