Ergon grips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
My full sized folding commuter came with Ergon grips which I really like. Looking at the Ergon website I see they have models with integrated bar ends and this would be enormously useful for changing my position for longer rides. Does anyone know if you can buy and fit the bar ends separately or are you forced to buy the grips with the integrated bar end on them? Not clear from the website.

1LegRikk

You have to buy new grips, they won't fit to the standard ones as they are a different design around the bar end section. Could also just add normal bar ends onto them :smile:
They also changed the model around nov last year and a lot of places are still selling the older ones but much cheaper, only real difference is weight and a slight shape change.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
1LegRikk said:
You have to buy new grips, they won't fit to the standard ones as they are a different design around the bar end section. Could also just add normal bar ends onto them :smile:
They also changed the model around nov last year and a lot of places are still selling the older ones but much cheaper, only real difference is weight and a slight shape change.

I thought as much and my grips are the old type (but still good). I'll get a set of normal bar ends for 'em. Thanks Rikk.

1LegRikk

Hmm just noticed your local, I have the bar ends I took off my boardman if you want them?
They are these (straight version) (not putting the bent ones down in anyway...pc and all that :smile: )
ritchey-wcs-bar-ends-aw07.jpg

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
1LegRikk said:
Hmm just noticed your local, I have the bar ends I took off my boardman if you want them?
They are these (straight version) (not putting the bent ones down in anyway...pc and all that :smile: )
ritchey-wcs-bar-ends-aw07.jpg

Thanks - I have some spares as well!

On my Thorn I have Ergon grips with their "T" shaped bar ends:

13134sjs_l.jpg

A very comfy combination.

Top Bottom