Erm hello...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,
I've been reading this forum for ages and it seems very friendly so thought I join. I started riding again last year, after many years of non riding, to do a fifty mile charity ride. How I ever managed it is beyond me but I did and now I love riding my bike, just wish I did it more. Sadly, work gets in the way
wink.gif
. I'm now rapidly learning everything I can and am training for bigger solo charity rides. Luckily, or unluckly sometimes, I live in Lancashire so plenty or hills!

I guess that's it about me. Sorry, not the most exciting first post.

Hello everyone!

postman

Legendary Member
Welcome Scruffy .Nowt wrong with Lanky .My wife and in laws come from Goosnargh ,nr Preston .

Second best county in the country .

Yorkshire rules ok .

Hmm, I don't know. I was brought up in North Yorkshire for 8 years and then moved to Lancashire as a teenager. Yorkshire is a place I adore but where I live in Lancashire means I'm really near to the Lake District too so it's a double whammy
biggrin.gif

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hmm, I don't know. I was brought up in North Yorkshire for 8 years and then moved to Lancashire as a teenager. Yorkshire is a place I adore but where I live in Lancashire means I'm really near to the Lake District too so it's a double whammy
biggrin.gif

The northern bit of Lancashire is great - plenty of challenging rides to do right from the door! And nice scenery, and both the Lakes and Dales on the doorstep.

:hello:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hi, where are you in Lancs? There are a few of us here. We've got hills, flatlands and some gloriously empty roads in the Bowland and Ribble Valley areas. Dunsop Bridge is supposed to be the geographical centre of the UK so we're well placed.

G81

From what the others say you're in the ideal location!
Welcome to CC, congratulations for completing the charity ride and for getting to the 50miles marker, cant wait until I can do that distance.

Enjoy the forum, I'm sure you will, everyone is really friendly and full of advice.

Hi, where are you in Lancs? There are a few of us here. We've got hills, flatlands and some gloriously empty roads in the Bowland and Ribble Valley areas. Dunsop Bridge is supposed to be the geographical centre of the UK so we're well placed.

Hello Globalti
wave.gif

I'm in Lancaster. So have loads of hills in the city and outside it. The forrest of Bowland isn't far at all and the Lakes are so near. It's the perfect place to live for cycling.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hello Globalti
wave.gif

I'm in Lancaster. So have loads of hills in the city and outside it. The forrest of Bowland isn't far at all and the Lakes are so near. It's the perfect place to live for cycling.

So you know that lovely hill from Lancaster through Quernmore up to the Jubilee tower! A loop over the Trough of Bowland and back round through Slaidburn and Chipping is a good day out.

My ambition for this year is to do the northern loop of the Lancashire cycleway in one day (gulp!), but I'm not ready for it yet and the daylight hours are beginning to disappear...

Top Bottom