Eroica Britannia 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Entered the 100 miler, could be done on either 1960ish Pennine or 1976 Carlton Ten. I'll spend a few days in the area beforehand, so will be able to see which one feels most right. Next thing to think about - suitable shoes and non-Lycra clothes!

I'm not familiar with the Carlton Ten, but I think that Pennines are really excellent frames. I had one years ago, but it was stolen from my garage. :cry:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is it suitable for 23 or 25 tyres? I seem to remember struggling on the High Peak trail after rain but that was a few years ago.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
My new shoes arrived today. I love getting cycling related parcels.

They are a lovely fit and very stiff as I have been struggling with a pair of trainers up to now.
DSC_1254.JPG

KneesUp

Guru
It's not far from me, this Eroica malarkey. Whilst a big part of me objects to charging people a decent amount of cash to ride about on public roads (and yes, I know they have stewards and things) part of me quite fancies giving it a go. I have my dad's 'not quite sure of the model, but it's about 1979' Peugeot at home that could be pressed into service. Thing is I used to 'borrow' it sometimes as a kid (my dad is a fair bit shorter than me) so period kit for me would be a pair of shorts and a t-shirt teamed with a tatty pair of Adidas trainers. Not sure how that would go down with the organisers.

CRVFR

My new shoes arrived today. I love getting cycling related parcels.

They are a lovely fit and very stiff as I have been struggling with a pair of trainers up to now. View attachment 84224
Where did you get these rather natty looking shoes? I'm struggling to find something suitable.

CRVFR

They look just the job - how do they fit? Whereas in 'normal' shoes like Barkers or Loakes I take a 43, in all of my cycling shoes (Shimano, Louis Garneau & Giro) I have had to buy 45.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
They are actually more like a shoe as they are made on a last according to their blurb. I take a ten and ordered a 45 and they are a good fit and I have wide feet.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Just returned and will get some up in the next day or so. Highlight was riding with Aldo Gios son Marco and his mates on super records for 20 odd crazy descending miles.

Top Bottom