Espresso machines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
hahaha now that would be interesting to say the least!

Norm

No, the water temperature only gets to 85c in most of them, and everyone knows you need boiling water (in a warmed pot and poured into the cup before the milk) to make tea. :o)

Fiona N

Veteran
Unless it's Japanese green tea, then 65C is plenty. The Japanese advise you to swish the teacups with boiling water to cool it before adding to the teapot.

+1 Gaggia classic

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Norm said:
No, the water temperature only gets to 85c in most of them, and everyone knows you need boiling water (in a warmed pot and poured into the cup before the milk) to make tea. :wacko:

I think it was John Cleese who I heard once being sniffy about Americans 'who seem oblivious of the difference between 'boiling' water and 'boiled' water.'

garrilla

[quote name='swee'pea99']I think it was John Cleese who I heard once being sniffy about Americans 'who seem oblivious of the difference between 'boiling' water and 'boiled' water.'[/QUOTE]

There is cafe a near where I work that I no longer frequent as when you order a cup of tea they bring a cup with hot water in it and the teabag of your choice on the saucer. I tried to explain the difference between boiled and boiling. I also tried to explain the subtle art of infusion but got nowhere.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
granblack2.jpg

I bought one of these Gaggia's from Jenners back in 1991 or 1992; still going strong though not used as often as it used to be. Having read this thread though, I'm going to but a nice pack of Lavazza espresso beans at the weekend and fire the old thing up.

Top Bottom