Essential commuting equipment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From an American site

On a recent trip down the trail, a 14-16 kid walked into my path while I was moving and swung at me, knocking my mirror out of alignment. No damage done, but I carry my .380, a knife and pepper spray. I only yelled at the little bastard. But for a moment, I thought of blasting his sorry a** with my pepper spray. He doesn't now how lucky he was!!!

In my own mind I would have been vindicated, but legally... ???
What would you have done, what is the legal position on an assault, and does this qualify as an assault?

Two rounds In the air above his head would have influenced his religious beliefs

Never waste ammo on warning shots, you may need it later!

Shoot to kill, otherwise always keep your weapons concealed.

When you "brandish" a weapon, you are making a threat to use it, whether real or bluff. If a perp dares you to shoot them, they have called your bluff. If they proceed to attack you, and you don't use your weapon, it instantly becomes a liability rather than an asset to you and the perp will likely attempt to take it from you.

I carry my .380 as a preecaution (concealed weapons permit), my knife for utility, and the pepper spray for stray dogs.

Its another world over there!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Many cyclists in american forums say they carry guns in there lycra.
It's not different over here, ok maybe cyclists don't. But two people where shoot in clapham yesterday, me and several others went through the crime scene. Some of us only minutes behind it.

Top Bottom