Essex Is (Mostly) Flat - Saturday 8 May (from Manningtree)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yep, that overlays on mine absolutely perfectly. If you post yours, we can see where the difference is.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
So here's mine, having trimmed off the sections riding to Manningtree and then home again: Helen's Route

It's 49.58 miles so it appears Ben's right, a shade under fifty miles for the day. Well, an extra 10.5 for those who started and finished at my house.

mow

Another nice ride out with auntie helen at the helm, good company and so so weather, ok food topped off with the best orange and lemon cake at the end. Big thanks to Crinkly Lion for that, shame you made us wait till the end, we could have lightened your load earlier....

Mow

The problem was that Auntie Helen provided us with such splendidly well-catered stops that there didn't really seem to be an appropriate moment earlier in the ride :smile: And anyway, that's my excuse for not making it up The Hill. Obviously it was because of the additional effort of lugging along the extra half stone of cake in my pannier

...and not the extra half-a-dozen stone of CrinklyLion....

TimO

Guru
<Burp>

Yes indeed.
thumb_up.gif

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Very anti-social of them: they could have at least done it while we were waiting in the rain as a bit of entertainment.

Big A

Hi all,

apologies for bumping an old thread but i'm new :smile:

just wondered if you guys still do these rides? sound like a really good day of riding (and eating cake :biggrin: ) and not too far from me (Suffolk)

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place

Thanks

Andrew

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Andrew,

Sorry I didn't notice this before. I do a lot of rides form this part of the world (I'm based near Manningtree and regularly ride into Suffolk). If you're interested in something similar, I do a lot of rides with a chap from YACF and we're regularly heading Suffolk-wards so send me a PM.

Top Bottom