Essex rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kristen dean

Anyone here organise any essex rides? Normally a mtb but signed up for the london to brighton ride and have ordered myself my first road bike so need to get out on it and practice :smile:

e-rider

crappy member
The Essex Castle ride (organised by Bike-Events.net) is a very nice 75 mile event on July 14th. I've done it several times and it's always a good day out. Starts and finishes in Colchester.

wakou

Über Member

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I did this last year, and will be doing it again with the other half this year, choice of distance well organised.
Was thinking about trying to organise a ride on here later in the year.

compo

Veteran
Nice ride through the leafy lanes of Essex and the weather held off.

Did the forty miles in 2 hrs 28 mins.

I did the 40 miler last year and really enjoyed it. Today I rode up to and back from Gt. Dunmow, and on the return leg I got mixed up with the 75 mile riders around Fyfield and Moreton. The ride turned left at Moreton but I went straight on. A couple of riders yelled after me to tell me I had missed the turning not realising I was nothing to do with the sportive this year.

The weather was unbelievable considering the weather forecast was a real threat of doom. It was sunny with very little wind. Perfect.

logrus

I did the 40 miler too, was great fun, weather was fantastic except i got burnt, oh well. Next time i do one in essex i'll give you a yell mike, would be nice to meet another CC member :smile:

My time was 2:45, however that doesn't include the stopping time for my ride partner of the day who bent his deralier, jammed his chain twice, and the puncture we had to repair for the lady who had no tubes,patches or pump.

Top Bottom