Scotland : Perthshire Etape Caledonia 2021 - Clusterf**k 101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lookrider

They may be good this season as we can ride abreast in the rd now making it almost traffic free
Drivers will know this and may well avoid these events making them even more rider friendly

They may be good this season as we can ride abreast in the rd now making it almost traffic free
Drivers will know this and may well avoid these events making them even more rider friendly
Lol. In my experience even the traffic free sportives aren't traffic free.

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

Certainly not when compared to Audax.
I quite like closed roads sportives, but theres a couple of local ones that I'm entering this yea, one organised by out local club, Dunfermline CC and the other a charity fundraiser Sportive Kinross
It's good to hear someone with similar experiences. Value for money or not the ride is a good one, somehow Limelight have managed to screw the pooch...

... may see you at the Kinross sportive. I've signed up for the black route again. Third go-around on this one for me.

the_craig

Über Member
I have an entry for the 85-miler with car parking going if anyone would like it?

Long story short, my carbon frame has broken and is away for repair, my winter bike is in bits waiting on new bits coming so I can't make it next week.

DM me and we can discuss it.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I have an entry for the 85-miler with car parking going if anyone would like it?

Long story short, my carbon frame has broken and is away for repair, my winter bike is in bits waiting on new bits coming so I can't make it next week.

DM me and we can discuss it.

Unfortunately with Limelight still organising it, I don't see many rushing to take your place. :sad:

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

I did think that when the thread title is what it is.

It's worth offering up though; closed roads on the original route is a sensational ride. If you're willing to look past the lack of event atmosphere and the potential that some of the feed stations may be empty it's a great day out for you on the bike.

I missed the Kinross Sportive due to a family bereavement (but someone else got my black route place) so I may have an interest in this simply because it'd be free entry and i could do with the miles on my clock.

Top Bottom