Etape Loch Ness 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Etape Loch Ness

The Etape Loch Ness, on 28 April 2019, is a 66-mile (106km) cycle sportive held on fully closed roads around the stunning shores of iconic Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands.

Loch Ness is one of the world’s best known destinations, its breath-taking scenery and the centuries-old myth and mystery of the Loch Ness monster have attracted visitors from around the world for years.

Starting and finishing in the historic Highland capital of Inverness, riders can enjoy cycling on traffic-free roads on a 360° route alongside the loch taking in some of the country’s most stunning scenery. They can test their mettle on the timed King of the Mountain stage – a 4.8-mile (9km) climb gaining 380m in height and reaching a gradient of 12% at times.

The Etape Loch Ness offers a fantastic challenge with unrivalled scenery on closed roads, so whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or a newcomer looking for your first sportive, don’t miss this awesome event.

In 2018, a record 5600 took part in this exciting event and entry sold out in just 52 hours so register your interest now to receive priority entry for the 2019 Etape Loch Ness. #ridelochness

www.etapelochness.com

Attachments

• Etape Loch Ness 2018 riders at Fort Augustus  by Paul Campbell.jpg
    Etape Loch Ness 2018 riders at Fort Augustus by Paul Campbell.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 66
Do you have to wear a helmet?

13 rider

Guru
I'm in. Now just have to sort out how to get there and where to stay.
I stayed at craignay guest house b and b last year . Near the start secure bike storage in the garage and a lovely b and b . Getting there is a pain . I drove up from Leicester as train and plane were impractical. Have a great day I loved it last year . Watch out for THE HILL :surrender: is a brute

Geoffers

Regular
My girlfriend and I have signed up for this next year. Really looks like fun. I'm yet to find a B&B, though

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
There’s lots of accommodation in Inverness, try and get somewhere central though. We stayed at the Station Hotel, as did a few others. Kept bikes in the rooms with no problems. The route is great with stunning views, just beware, the hill is long and has a few false summits. Listen for the piper

13 rider

Guru
My girlfriend and I have signed up for this next year. Really looks like fun. I'm yet to find a B&B, though
I said before I can recommend craignay B and B stayed last year . Lots on the same road Ambrose St I believe 2 minutes walk from the start .
Have a good day I loved it and would do it showing if it wasn't 475 miles away

Top Bottom