Etape Loch Ness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
just jim

just jim

So, that was pretty good. Well organised and went smoothly, unlike myself. I'm not sure about the line of traffic cones back into Inverness. I felt rather hemmed in by them. If/ when the organisers increased the entry numbers, I can see that section being a bit of a bottleneck. Nice route though.

sazzaa

This sounds like a good first event for me to do next year!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
So, that was pretty good. Well organised and went smoothly, unlike myself. I'm not sure about the line of traffic cones back into Inverness. I felt rather hemmed in by them. If/ when the organisers increased the entry numbers, I can see that section being a bit of a bottleneck. Nice route though.
Cracking route the big climb just seemed to go on for ever

tug benson

Good effort! A few guys from the club made it and were suitably impressed.

In fact my club mate was 4th on the KOM. I see that is also mirrored on Strava too. He is about 62kg's though. He needs to eat more! :hungry:

As i said above i should have been faster but i had a problem with my Garmin just before the big climb and had to stop for about 5 minutes to try and fix it, couldn`t fix it so i had to starting using the phone app to record my ride...Also i didn`t really go full gas up the big climb, it still killed my legs but i reckon i could have went just a wee bit faster up it..

They could easily make it more testing by adding the loop i done on the Saturday to the route, it wouldn`t take much more planning either, infact the could make 2 routes, one for the whippets and climbers and the oringinal route for folk that are not whippets and climbers.

My Saturday loop
http://www.strava.com/activities/137223998

Yikes no rest for the wicked! Good route though. A few nice climbs too.

The guys have said they will be doing it next year.

I've got the Fred Whitton this Sunday. It's going to hurt. The drive back up after the event might be worse, lol.

dhd.evans

Veteran
GL on the Whitton; once i'm in shape next season i'll start signing up to more Ecosse sportives; Etape Caledonia this Sunday will be my first!

Does anyone have a list of approved, decent sportives in Scotland? Want to pick up the pace before i turn 30 in a few years.

tug benson

GL on the Whitton; once i'm in shape next season i'll start signing up to more Ecosse sportives; Etape Caledonia this Sunday will be my first!

Does anyone have a list of approved, decent sportives in Scotland? Want to pick up the pace before i turn 30 in a few years.
The ones that i`ve done that have been the best is the Tour o the borders down in peebles and the lord of the lochs up in Fort William, The cairn o mount sportive is also very good

We had an 80+ year old doing our hilly Club 10TT the other week, he put in a time of 28-29 mins. We should all be so lucky to be that fit at his age. He cycles all the time though between Crieff and Perth. He is Perth United, Mo you must pass him often?

Top Bottom