Etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k8srd

Just to add a small defence to the guilty party. He may have been a newbie like myself as i'm concious i done something similar today for a few hundred metres

Will know in future what the general etiquette is.

Of course the guy may well have been an arse:-)

Trevrev

Veteran
Just do what "you" need to do !!!!

Norm

If someone says "hello", I'll always respond. Last time I was out, a lycra'd laddy came up behind on a country lane, and I pushed myself to stay alongside him whilst we chatted for a couple of miles. It was rather pleasant, really, even if I did need oxygen after we parted company. :biggrin:

I don't think that I'd ever draft someone I didn't know, because I sure as hell would conjure up some trouser-burst WMD if someone tried it on me.

I think I'll continue living my own life along Trevrev's lines. :blush:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I shared a joke about the Archway Road (A1, North London) hill climb being a bummer at the end of a commute this evening. The gentleman had been riding behind me from somewhere just before Tufnel Park and pulled along side me behind the bus at the lights. Bid him good night as he overtook me at the start of the climb. All in all a rather pleasant little exchange.

If given a wheel I will take it if I can, when turning off I will always thank the other rider. I do not begrudge someone taking mine and while a nod of thanks is appreciated, it is not required. Although the rider on the wheel gets a lift, I understand that there is less turbulent air drag on the front rider as well, so it benefits both parties, although not equally.

GrasB

Veteran
The only thing that really bothers me with people drafting is when they do it slightly to the offside, most people sitting there will also move if you pull out further to see around them... great thanks for blocking my view of the road behind me. But they do quickly find them selves dropped :birthday:

Top Bottom