Etrex's & Deore rear mech SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Righto, I'm floggin an Etrex20x with Garmin City Navigator 2016 and a talky toaster map with contours. Maps are on an 8GB Energiser micro SD card.
I've deleted the Garmin topo map that it was supplied with as the talky toaster map is much better imo and the CN map gives the unit postcode searchability.
I've only had it since early March this year so still in as new condition. I even have the box for it and USB cable.
I'm asking £85 which includes postage 2nd class.

IMG_20190608_201416.jpg

I'm also flogging an older etrex20. I bought that in late 2012. The rear battery cover was drilled to take a nutsert thingy for a homemade mount but it doesn't affect the units water repellency in any way.
The 20 does tend to shut itself off once or twice a ride for no apparent reason and does so inconsistently. Some rides its fine.
Other than that, it's in good nick. No maps or cards with this one though but those are easy enough to find and install.
Asking £35 and again covers 2nd class postage.

IMG_20190608_142308.jpg
IMG_20190608_142321.jpg

Third on my list is a Deore RD-M592 Shadow rear mech. Not exactly gleaming in the pic but it'll be spruced up for who ever buys it. There's around 1500 miles on it after nearly 1 years use. Working perfectly. £10 and it's yours, including 2nd class postage.

IMG_20190608_142125.jpg

All being sold simply due to upgrades.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 20 does tend to shut itself off once or twice a ride for no apparent reason and does so inconsistently. Some rides its fine.
I bet it is the same problem that my ancient Etrex had ... The batteries/battery contacts can rattle about when you are riding over rough surfaces and if there is even the shortest interruption to the power, the device shuts down. It would only have needed a small capacitor across the battery lines to hold the voltage up for the split second until the power connection is made again, but it seems that Garmin didn't fit one. I fixed the problem by wedging little rolls of aluminium cooking foil behind the battery contacts and a blob of Blu Tack between the batteries to stop them moving. I only get the problem once every couple of years now rather once per ride!

Top Bottom