EU referdum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Okay this is not to discuss really about it, otherwise i Might have placed it in the Soapbox, this is merely me being a bit ignorant of this.

So the EU referendum, can anyone actually tell me what it is about, and everything surronding it? A real simple explantion would help for me!

Thanks as always :biggrin:

KitsuneAndy

Kovu said:
Okay this is not to discuss really about it, otherwise i Might have placed it in the Soapbox, this is merely me being a bit ignorant of this.

So the EU referendum, can anyone actually tell me what it is about, and everything surronding it? A real simple explantion would help for me!

Thanks as always :biggrin:

Basically, the Government wanted to join the EU 'Constitution' which would remove a lot of the powers of our own Government and hand it to Brussels. Policies would then be decided on based on the votes of the elected representatives in Europe.

The Government said that they would hold a referendum to allow the public to decide whether they would want to be part of the Constitution or not.

However, several other other countries rejected it first, so it was canned.

It's now been rebranded and had some wording slightly changed so it's essentially the same thing but not branded a 'constitution'. People are now worried that the Government will just press ahead without the referendum that they originally promised.

Top Bottom