Eureka Cyclists Cafe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just seen this on their FB page.

It's short notice and you'll have to be there early but just thought I'd share it anyway.

Screenshot_20190115-125747_Facebook.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Just seen this on their FB page.

It's short notice and you'll have to be there early but just thought I'd share it anyway.

View attachment 447269
You'll be on?

Lee_M

Guru
it will be sad when it shuts, but other than the history its not the best cafe around, especially given the road it's on. I'm sure it was a lot quieter when it opened!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Only been once, rammed ! Best one we ever went to was an old farm house near Flash - little old lady had her front room just for cyclists. Super cheap beans on toast, tea and cake. Real fire on in winter too. All stopped when EU regs came in about commercial and domestic kitchens having to be separate.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
it will be sad when it shuts, but other than the history its not the best cafe around, especially given the road it's on. I'm sure it was a lot quieter when it opened!
The location has always baffled me as the A540 is a shocker of a road, but as you say probably was a lot quieter years ago.

It does seem to keep arratic hours. I pass it quite often, and worked on the A540 outside of it on the dual carriageway section for a full week, and times when you'd expect it would be open lt wasn't, yet bikes kept rolling up regardless so they must have expected it would be open.

Hey ho someone might take it on, (and hopefully relocate it), time will tell.

Top Bottom