Eurocamp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Triple3

Has anyone stayed at Eurocamps/holiday with them and what was the overall experience like ? Looking at them for Italy or france as they seem goid for children
Appreciate any advice

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I did, but a very, very long while ago.
If they are as good as they were in the late '80s, it is a perfect holiday for children. They get a bit of freedom on site, a few organised events, but not in a holiday camp or Package Holiday (must book now - places going fast) style, and plenty to do on the camp site. I have nothing but good memories from Eurocamping.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Have stayed in Eurocamp here ...just near Paris...

A)
http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/paris/pa012-la-croix-du-vieux-pont/ataglance.html
and another in Normandy ....
B)
http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/brittany/bn013-domaine-des-ormes/ataglance.html

Fab for kids of all ages, especially hyperactive ones like mine. Lots of football clubs, climbing, cycling.
Food was good, usually a few queues but you can pre-book tables at some of the restaurants.
We got hit by bad weather both years but because park A) had indoor and outdoor swimming it was fine. We got bad weather for some of the second year also in park B) but we still had a great time.

And for an alternative try https://www.lesormes.com/en/holidays-and-stays/accommodation - the Tree houses are great for a night or two (you get a tent aswell)

Check out Tripadvisor for all destinations though.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Has anyone stayed at Eurocamps/holiday with them and what was the overall experience like ? Looking at them for Italy or france as they seem goid for children
Appreciate any advice
We went to Eurocamp at Figline Valdano last year (about 25 miles outside Florence) and it was excellent. You and the kids will love it, I promise.

The camp has two hubs, and a bit of a schlepp up the hill between the two of them, but we were told by a lad working there (a Scouse sparky, would you believe!) that over the winter the owners are building another big pool between the two, with a lazy river, and that will be ready for this summer.

We stayed in a static caravan which was a bit small, but fine really. The fact that it had a balcony helped enormously.

Food at the restaurants is excellent, and there's loads to do, lots of excursions to go on if you feel like it (they don't ram them down your throat selling them).

We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed at a eurocamp site in the early nineties when the kids were young. Very well organised with an olympic size swimming pool(no swimming shorts allowed!)Where we were it was very handy for trips to st tropez and port grimaud also did a day trip to italy as it was only eighty miles from the border.

We stayed in a tent the first year and then upgraded to a mobile home the next year.Just remember the journey is very long in a car and i made the mistake of driving non-stop the first year.Man when i arrived i felt like a zombie.It would be better to stagger your journey.

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

Thank you for all the positive reviews and will look at suggestions by @Rooster1 . I had looked at a safari tent in tuscany and feel more positive now. The site suggest by @Dec66 sounds fantastic with lazy river ride

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Thank you for all the positive reviews and will look at suggestions by @Rooster1 . I had looked at a safari tent in tuscany and feel more positive now. The site suggest by @Dec66 sounds fantastic with lazy river ride
There's already a lazy river ride there, at the top end of the complex.

Here's the site, you can book direct if you like, and other companies have accommodation too;

http://www.norcennigirasole.net/en/

We flew into Florence with Vueling from Gatwick, Iberia's low-cost outfit, perfectly fine for a two hour flight. We got cabs to and from the airport (actually rather swish Mercedes minibuses) for just under €200 return (not cheap, but cheaper than hiring a car, you can get a train from Florence to Figline Valdarno if you feel adventurous).

Sharky

Guru
Stayed in lots of them over a span of about 20+ years. Very good value holidays when you have 4 children and we have explored most of France, Black Forest, Costa Brava, Northern Italy (nr Venice) etc. If traveling a long way, then using them for overnight stops are good, but can be a few miles away from the motorways.

Have stayed in tents and mobile homes. More facilities with the mobile homes, but under canvas is more sociable and you are more likely to talk to the families in the next tent. One year, we made friends with a family from Ireland and our daughters became pen pals. Many years later, her pen pal came to my daughters wedding!

Taken my bike a couple of times and managed to escape for a few hours to explore the French roads.

If going peak times, can be extremely busy. Begins to quieten about 3rd week of August - you can tell by the prices drops. Early season a lot quieter, but weather may not be settled.

Have a good trip.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Stayed in lots of places in France over the years and with several tour operators...........going back to when Haven operated in France.
The main problem, which grew over the years, was cleanliness....... the poor rep's on site that had to keep the vans clean........they had absolutely no chance as they got so little time to do it in. Plus some of the young reps had no idea of how to clean a fridge etc.
Lots of times the vans were so dirty we had to be moved. On one occasion there was no other van available so they had to loan us some blankets as the seating was just too stained.
Good points.
The reps (and we have met many) were always helpful and polite........they (generally) really do want to do their best.
Prices have always been good (not sure how the £ will affect it now)
If driving you can stop off mid-point FOC
They are great for kids.
Enjoy.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have nothing but good memories from Eurocamping.

I have a memory from 1986 of waking up in our family tent in a foot of water. Opened the flap of the compartment to see the fridge floating past. Luckily the bed was on legs that raised it above the water level.

To be fair, that wasn't Eurocamp's fault - it was a new campsite and they hadn't sorted the drainage. One spell of heavy rain later...

I have lots and lots of very happy memories of Eurocamp holidays, both as a teenager with my family in the 80s and more recently with my wife and son. They are expensive but I have found you generally get what you pay for on a Eurocamp holiday.

Stayed in Playa Bara 3 years ago. Great experience. Kids loved every minute of it. Camp was great, enjoyed a torrential thunder storm in our tent!
Not many British people on camp, mainly Dutch and Germans, really nice relaxed atmosphere.
Nice beach, good drive into Barcelona, would recommend to anybody.

Top Bottom