Eurosport £20 yearly subscrition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
For those with 'council telly' Eurosport has this offer available until 26 November 2018.
Good spot, @Turdus philomelos ! My subscription is due for renewal at £40 in January but £20 now makes more sense.

Edit: It looks like it might be a once only offer:

There was an error processing your request.

Our records indicate that you have purchased an equivalent product before.

Last edited:

simonali

Guru
Awful service. You can only watch online now on a PC or mobile device. To get it on a TV you have to mirror or cast it which works terribly. Cast from a mobile device to your TV and the sound carries on coming out of it. The app is also geofenced, so it won't work if your device has its location disabled.

I wouldn't pay for if it was a quid.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Awful service. You can only watch online now on a PC or mobile device. To get it on a TV you have to mirror or cast it which works terribly. Cast from a mobile device to your TV and the sound carries on coming out of it. The app is also geofenced, so it won't work if your device has its location disabled.

I wouldn't pay for if it was a quid.
It's worked fine for me using Chromecast.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's worked fine for me using Chromecast.
That seems to work differently though. My sister's Chromecast device carries on working if she switches the original device off after starting casting so the Chromecast widget must be making a direct connection to the website. When mirroring, the original device is receiving the stream and then restreaming it, a process which reduces the quality. It certainly does from my phone to my TV anyway. I just watch on my laptop instead.

I did prefer watching Eurosport via the app on my Samsung SmartTV but they abandoned support for it and it stopped working.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Another one who's been using Chromecast for past couple of years with no problems,use it for bt sport aswell.

What's the quality like? Does it fall apart and buffer like BBC iPlayer or give you high resolution loveliness?
I'd consider it at £20 just to see Le Mans and the odd drive by browsing, and because I've got a home cinema PC to get it on a screen.

Adam4868

Guru
What's the quality like? Does it fall apart and buffer like BBC iPlayer or give you high resolution loveliness?
I'd consider it at £20 just to see Le Mans and the odd drive by browsing, and because I've got a home cinema PC to get it on a screen.
Good as far as I can tell,clear on my TV anyway and no buffering.I only really have it for the cycling.

Viking

I found Eurosport to be a real pain when I tried to change the card I used for payment. It got so bad that I decided to cancel and they simply refused to respond. Eventually I got the bank to notify them that all future payments would be recovered and only at that point did Eurosport finally reply and accept that I was no longer a subscriber

I now use monthly subscriptions through iTunes which is expensive on a per month basis but I only use it for the 3 GTs, so it comes out more or less the same per annum and at least by using the iTunes method, I can cancel whenever I want. I would never trust them with a card payment again.

Top Bottom