EuroVelo1 - Portuguese Section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noru

EuroVelo 1 Route
imageMap.jpg

I'm interested in riding the Portuguese section of the EuroVelo1 route. The EuroVelo website says the yellow section is developed with signs but doesn't really have any more details than that.

Anyone ridden any parts of it or know of a website where I can get a more detailed map & info of the route through Portugal?

Last edited:
I was going to say look on Openstreetmap but it is only shown to the Spanish border :sad:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was going to say look on Openstreetmap but it is only shown to the Spanish border :sad:
Looks like it continues to Sagres to me. I think it's the Ecovia Littoral in that section. http://www.ecoviadolitoralalgarve.com/gps-tracks-maps-guides/ says the official website is down now.

I've ridden part of that. It's very Sustrans but more extreme: some absolutely brilliant smooth quiet tracks and roads that don't go anywhere yet and stretches along promenades, but some mad stuff like deep gravel piled up against a six foot wall.

Looking at the Portuguese part of the route in closeup on the biro.co site it would appear that ive cycled probably at least 80% of it :laugh: maybe more - but in 2004 there definitely were no signs ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In 2015 (I think), there were signs but some were temporary ones consisting of yellow-topped plastic pipes rammed into the earth. Others were road signs a bit like France's. Take a GPS too, plus a list of places along the route.

Top Bottom