EuroVelo6 cherry-picking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pinet

Regular
Hi there,
In a week and a half I'll be doing part of the EV6 with my two kids (5, 7). We'll be landing in Basel and then make our way to Chalon-sur-Saone where I plan to leave the EV6 and head south to Macon. From there we'll make our way to Thonon-les-Bains where we'll visit family.
What I would appreciate advice on is this: I might have to "fast-forward" part of the itinerary because of time constraints. I would do this by train. So if I would be looking to cut out about 50-100 km of the EV6 part - what section would be best to give up on?

I appreciate any input any of you may have.
Tx.

Hi there,
In a week and a half I'll be doing part of the EV6 with my two kids (5, 7). We'll be landing in Basel and then make our way to Chalon-sur-Saone where I plan to leave the EV6 and head south to Macon. From there we'll make our way to Thonon-les-Bains where we'll visit family.
What I would appreciate advice on is this: I might have to "fast-forward" part of the itinerary because of time constraints. I would do this by train. So if I would be looking to cut out about 50-100 km of the EV6 part - what section would be best to give up on?

I appreciate any input any of you may have.
Tx.

I'm not particularly familiar with that route but given the practicalities involved with two kids and biking equipment on trains presumably during summer holidays I'd do the process in reverse - find out where I can get on and off trains with relatively short notice and have that info in my back pocket.

There are a few train resource sites out there. TheManinSeat61 (?) is probably a useful starting point.

Good luck!

OP
OP
P

Pinet

Regular
Hi Hobbs, good point. Although the possible stations along this stretch are mostly small...

Top Bottom