Eurovision Shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Never!!! 🤯

PaulB

Legendary Member
That may have been in revenge for Cliff Richard coming second to Spain in Spain with his 'Congratulations' song in the 1968 Eurovision. In a 2008 documentary, it was claimed the Spanish song won that year because of vote-rigging of the Spanish vote by state television on behalf of the Francoist State.

stephec

Legendary Member
Is that really news? 😄

It's a report on an interview on the BBC this morning that I watched where the interviewer and interviewee made a joke about it, I want a refund on my licence fee for this waste of space.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
If I wore a monocole I would drop it in shock!
I’m SHOCKED That Lord Drago of Poshshire does not wear a monocle :ohmy:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Is that really news?

Ulvaeus did the interview to promote his efforts to help impoverished songwriters.

That falls into the 'worthy but dull' category, so a few words about Abba's Eurovision win are much more interesting.

The other stuff is further down the story.

Hopefully from his point of view at least some people will have read that far.

stephec

Legendary Member
Ulvaeus did the interview to promote his efforts to help impoverished songwriters.

That falls into the 'worthy but dull' category, so a few words about Abba's Eurovision win are much more interesting.

The other stuff is further down the story.

Hopefully from his point of view at least some people will have read that far.
The way that piece is written though has more weight given to the one line throwaway joke in the middle of the interview, even the headline doesn't mention the main content of it, which as you say will possibly be missed by people who don't read fully to the end.

Top Bottom