Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Having watched the "Dug" episode of The High Life on BBC4 last night, I think we should have the boys doing "Pif Paf Pof (I Want To Have It Off)" next year.

Sure-fire winner :ohmy:

goo_mason said:
Having watched the "Dug" episode of The High Life on BBC4 last night, I think we should have the boys doing "Pif Paf Pof (I Want To Have It Off)" next year.

Sure-fire winner ;)

O/T - Goo - I saw a car earlier this week with a reg that ended GOO. Made I think of thee! :wacko:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Gosh, it written by Andrew Lloyd Weber, who'd have thunk it?:tongue:

I think Wogan giving up might be like Tom Lehrer giving up satire when Kissinger got a Nobel Peace prize. The block voting (on Eurovision) used to be a subject for mirth, but it's become so obvious now that the commentary is superfluous...

It is pretty ALW, isn't it. I'm a bit despondant. Lordi, the Finish rockers, were awesome, that's the courage we need in order to win Eurovision. And Arch, you're right, I used to think it was very funny that Scandinavia all gave each other douze points but now everyone's voting for Russia because they've got oil, it's just sad. Especially when Russia cuts the oil off after they've voted!!:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Uncle Mort said:
Is it just me, or does Andrew Lloyd Webber not look more like Jabba the Hutt every year?

Hutt:
andrew_lloyd_webber.jpg
Webber:
jabba-the-hutt.jpg

Looks like Princess Leia got of lightly there.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
beanzontoast said:
O/T - Goo - I saw a car earlier this week with a reg that ended GOO. Made I think of thee! :biggrin:

Further O/T - I'm considering suing Cadbury for their "Here today - Goo tomorrow" ads for using my intellectual property without permission. Either that or I'll accept a lifetime supply of Creme Eggs in lieu of payment :biggrin:

I've been known as Goo since the mid-70s !!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
It is pretty ALW, isn't it. I'm a bit despondant. Lordi, the Finish rockers, were awesome, that's the courage we need in order to win Eurovision. And Arch, you're right, I used to think it was very funny that Scandinavia all gave each other douze points but now everyone's voting for Russia because they've got oil, it's just sad. Especially when Russia cuts the oil off after they've voted!!:biggrin:

I think the pinnacle of voting was the year our duo's backing track failed, revealing their total inability to sing, and we got nil points (and some reckoned it was Europe getting us back for backing the war in Iraq).

Top Bottom