Euxstar Sandals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I fancy some cycle specific sandals so I can go with cleats if I choose. These look ok and are a far nicer price than the Keen version. I'm not a fan of open toed sandals cycling or walking so the Shimano offerings aren't a consideration. Nashbar look to be a rebadged version of the Euxstars range and the older ss-502 more open version.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s154p3121/EXUSTAR-SS-503-Sandal

anyone got a pair and what do you think of them, good/bad/indifferent?

how do they do off the bike?

would you buy another pair?

how are they for size and width vs what they're stated as?

how much adjustment do they have for wearing barefoot in summer and with some merino or maybe waterproof socks as the weather gets colder?

TIA

I had the model before that and used them until they fell apart after many years. They walk a bit hard - the heel is very solid. They fit narrow, but I have fat feet.
SPD sandals are absolutely great. I wear them with socks, especially when it rains. I know all the German jokes you can throw at me.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use the ss-502 open version, and decided against the ss-503 because the whole area behind the straps is neoprene.To my mind, sandals should be open, not shoes with a few holes round the edge. I'll get shimano replacements when they give up on me.
I'm normally size 46, and use the 45/46 size. I agree they tend to the narrow, but the straps open up to allow sealskin socks OK if required. I don't generally use socks, finding them no colder than regular shoes - they must allow better circulation or something.

Top Bottom