1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evacuated

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by palinurus, 18 Dec 2007.

1. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Bit of fire behind where I work in Hemel Hempstead. Got to stand around in my shirtsleeves for a while, then into a cafe for a bit. Eventually we realised we weren't getting back onsite in a hurry so taxis were organised to get people home.

Didn't have my keys or phone or anything useful on me except my wallet since I was away from my desk working elsewhere when the alarm went off. Glad I had some cash, got the train back. The Landlord works on the premises during the day and he had a key for the flat.

It was some sorta recycling facility, don't have any details. Fair bit of black smoke and lots of pops'n'bangs.

Gonna hafta get the bus tomorrow.

2. biking_fox

biking_fox Über Member

Presumably http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7149605.stm this one?

Bummer. Lucky the landlord was around otherwise it would have been really annoying.

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Is it me or have there been noticable more big fires like this in the last few years?

T x

4. OP
    OP
    palinurus

palinurus Guru

Yeah, the cat would've got hungry.

Skip fulla aerosols eh? that'd explain the fireworks.