Evans blames Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's a very cultured, gentle and intelligent guy outside of cycling by all accounts. I just don't know why he insists on sounding like such a petulant, irritable guy within the sport... it's a mystery.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Maybe because he is always the bridesmaid never the bride.. needs to win a big tour

Flying_Monkey said:
He's a very cultured, gentle and intelligent guy outside of cycling by all accounts. I just don't know why he insists on sounding like such a petulant, irritable guy within the sport... it's a mystery.

SimonC

yello said:
Ah, but that IS Cadel! Take away the whinging and he ceases to be! I really like the prima donna stuff (especially from an Aussie!) and can't wait for the next instalment! :ohmy:

He's a damned fine bike rider too. I hope he's happier with his team now. If so, I think he's a real contender for TdF victory.

Just cant see it happening TBH.

yello

rich p said:
...or I'll cut your head off:biggrin:

:ohmy::laugh: Nah, nothing that grusome... but I might throw a Cadel type hissy-fit!!

The guy can time-trial, he can climb... but he was left badly exposed in the mountains by his team in the last (one before??) TdF. I like the guy, and I think he's deserved his recent results, and I reckon he's worthy of having a team built around him. Previously, with the Silence-Lotto, he's had to share with Robbie McEwan... so it could be argued that it was a sprinter's team. Tensions built, Evans got stroppy... rest is history.

I like McEwan too, in an odd love-hate kind of way... pugnacious little prick that he is :sad: Delivers though, or did anyway.

Hmm, just thinking... got a soft spot for Michael Rodgers too. Wanted him to do well with T-Mobile, he kind of stepped up to the plate when Ulrich decided his time was gone. I respected Rodgers, a real gentleman rider (if such a thing exists) and grafts for others.

I must be getting old... can't think of why else a Kiwi would think kindly of Aussies!! :smile:;):ohmy:;)

Top Bottom