England : North Yorkshire Evans King of the Pennines, 19th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been holding off on this for a while, particularly with the Wiggins event that day and there's a CTC one as well. I've gone for this because I think the Wiggins on is likely to be a Wiggo love-in with lots of wannabe racers. Mentioned it to SWMBO and she didn't flinch :eek: , so ...

Evans is doing their King of event near Skipton - 101 miles and 11,000 ft of climbing :eek: :
http://www.evanscycles.com/ride-it/king-of-the-pennines-19th-august-2012
Entry is £25

It includes:
FREE Breakfast with hot drink or juice at the start
Electronic Timing
Waterproof maps
Goody Bag
Sweeper Wagon and support vehicle for those in need
High5 energy drinks and bars at the start
Up to three feed stations with jellybabies/flapjacks/High5 fuel
FREE Pasta Meal and Hot drink at the finish

I liked the Feb event from Leeds so I'm planning to do this one

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The meals and drinks aren't free - the cost of them is just included in the entry fee rather than being charged extra for! :thumbsup:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd love to do this and can't find a way to record it and enjoy it later but it clashes with one nearby but on the RIGHT side of the Pennines. And ours has the current King of the Cycle in it so it wins kind of hands-down.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

I'd love to do this and can't find a way to record it and enjoy it later but it clashes with one nearby but on the RIGHT side of the Pennines. And ours has the current King of the Cycle in it so it wins kind of hands-down.

I saw that one; enjoy your Bradley Wiggins love-in :tongue:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I saw that one; enjoy your Bradley Wiggins love-in :tongue:
Translation: "I'd already committed to the 'King of the Pennines' one and, loath as I am to lose that money, I will seek to hide my disappointment behind a cavalier sneering at the lucky ones who will ride on the PROPER side of the Pennines (Yorkshire being inferior in every way - beer production excepted)."

Is that about right?

RoadieT

The meals and drinks aren't free - the cost of them is just included in the entry fee rather than being charged extra for! :thumbsup:
They are free as you didn't get them at the other Evans event in Leeds and that was £25.

Anyway, myself and a few riding buddies are down to do the half loop.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Translation: "I'd already committed to the 'King of the Pennines' one and, loath as I am to lose that money, I will seek to hide my disappointment behind a cavalier sneering at the lucky ones who will ride on the PROPER side of the Pennines (Yorkshire being inferior in every way - beer production excepted)."

Is that about right?

Nope - I had the choice of this, the Wiggins one or the CTC Sheffield event. I chose this one - but enjoy yours on the WET side of the Pennines.

Being an East Midlander by origin I'll let the discussion of which side is the proper one ride :tongue:

Anyway, myself and a few riding buddies are down to do the half loop.

OK - yell "hi" if you see me :thumbsup: , although I'm aiming for the 7.30am start to miss most of the rain.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Being an East Midlander by origin I'll let the discussion of which side is the proper one ride :tongue:

Mine, obviously! I am jealous about your event but this is ALWAYS the way; several weeks, nothing of interest happens and then two of the things you'd want to do turn up on the same day! Why oh why oh why don't these events organisers consult my diary before announcing these dates? I think it's a blimmin' conspiracy. And that's swearing!

Top Bottom