Evans Kingston Store Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz71

Über Member
Ive just signed up to do the Evans Kingston Store Sportive on the 21st of May.Ive never done anything like this before so if anyones got any advice for me id be grateful.

13 rider

Guru
Remember it's not a race and enjoy . Should be well signed and organised just treat like a bike ride with some different people

I'm normally against sportives, but that seems like a nice little pootle. Mind you, you could do it any day, but £10 isn't much of an overhead (with a £5 voucher) so probably worth it for the company and the sign posting.

If you are local to Kingston, you should seriously consider taking a trial club run the Kingston Wheelers. I went with their beginners group a couple of years ago (ugh! 5 years ago) and it was a really nice outing, and further than this sportive. Group riding is not for me, so I didn't join.

Edit: The newbie runs are apparently on the first Sunday of the month, so that's this Sunday.

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
Aha ! We was in that shop Sunday , Ms boz took a real liking to that Fuji carbon on display , mind you , is a nice bike !

Anyway she did pick up the paperwork on this ride but didn't show me untill this morn , so may have a look at that , we've not been on a multiple rider doo yet ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
gaz71

gaz71

Über Member
I'm normally against sportives, but that seems like a nice little pootle. Mind you, you could do it any day, but £10 isn't much of an overhead (with a £5 voucher) so probably worth it for the company and the sign posting.

If you are local to Kingston, you should seriously consider taking a trial club run the Kingston Wheelers. I went with their beginners group a couple of years ago (ugh! 5 years ago) and it was a really nice outing, and further than this sportive. Group riding is not for me, so I didn't join.

Edit: The newbie runs are apparently on the first Sunday of the month, so that's this Sunday.
Thanks for that,The Wheelers looks a really good club.Unfortunatley im not at the level of doing 50 mile rides yet,but you never know when i get a new bike and lose a few pounds i might be able to join up.

OP
OP
gaz71

gaz71

Über Member
Well ive completed the ride,really enjoyed it(apart from a few of the hills).Only got lost once where i missed a turning but will be doing it again on the 20th of Aug when hopefully im a bit fitter/lighter and on a new bike.Now for a nice refreshing cider.

13 rider

Guru
Well ive completed the ride,really enjoyed it(apart from a few of the hills).Only got lost once where i missed a turning but will be doing it again on the 20th of Aug when hopefully im a bit fitter/lighter and on a new bike.Now for a nice refreshing cider.
Glad you enjoyed it

Top Bottom