Evans Postage and Packaging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hello.

Last year I ordered a small part costing £3.00, and had to pay £1.50 for postage etc from Evans Cycles

Same item, same price but postage is now £4.99!!!!

What the....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's Mike Ashley for you.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perhaps they can start making money now. I'd better watch out as well because they used to charge me just £15 on a £140+ order to send all the way here to my door by DHL. Plus I don't pay VAT :smile:.
They are the only company I know of who will send here so I won't mind paying a bit more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Amazing how much a person can have such an anti-midas touch on a business

Baldy

Über Member
Yep every Sports Direct delivery is £4.99

Buy elsewhere

It's £6.99 for Saturday delivery, I'm not in mid week so I have to pay the extra. DPD still always bring it mid week. I then have to re-arrange for it to be delivered on the day I'd payed for in the first place.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's £6.99 for Saturday delivery, I'm not in mid week so I have to pay the extra. DPD still always bring it mid week. I then have to re-arrange for it to be delivered on the day I'd payed for in the first place.
Pretty sure you can redirect DPD to a pick up point, plenty open in evenings. So just order for midweek and reschedule to a pick up point for the weekend

Or just buy elsewhere? Amazon have lockers for example

wyre forest blues

Über Member
I use to buy stuff from Evans using Tesco vouchers and pay the difference but as soon as MA took over they stopped using the scheme. That together with the postage means I can get stuff cheaper elsewhere, postage free, so I haven't had anything from there for 12 months or more. Having to pay postage for click and collect..:excl::excl::excl: Not that I live anywhere near one of their shops.

Will Spin

Über Member
Delivery is free if you use click and collect. I did this the other day, rode 12 miles there to pick up what I'd ordered, then browsed in the store and finished buying something else, good strategy Mr Ashley!

KneesUp

Guru
I have no idea what Evans are up to because their website doesn’t load on a virgin media connection - both companies blame each other.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
Delivery is free if you use click and collect. I did this the other day, rode 12 miles there to pick up what I'd ordered, then browsed in the store and finished buying something else, good strategy Mr Ashley!
They must have changed it then since I last looked at their website some time ago.

screenman

Legendary Member
Buy off of me and you pay £4.55 on small items £15 on larger I am in business to make money and if that does not happen then I will not be around long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom