Evans price matching -how does it work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IME you send the email and it comes back saying no. Tried it a few times and they've wriggled out of it each time :cursing: It must be automated as it seems unable to apply logic, mind you there are plenty of shop assistants that could apply too as well.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1761971, member: 45"]I mean, is there a person involved? I can't imagine there being any other way, but I applied for two yesterday (Sunday) and they were both responded to within the hour. The second was in the evening.

Anyway, they are supposed to price match EBC, but the first time I asked for one yesterday they refused saying that EBC wasn't on their list. So I sent the same request in again and it was accepted. Weird.[/quote]

i'm with you - I think there is a person involved. I've found it's far easier to call them with the url of the website rather than bother with the online price matching.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There is a person involved.

Multiple items require a telephone call. The woman I spoke to had thew CRC website and others open and just cross referenced each item, size and colour. It was all very simple and saved me £30 for a 5 minute phone call.

IIRC the price match item has to be in stock and from a reputable dealer, so some requests will get bounced.

Gary E

Veteran
I found about a dozen places that sold the Garmin Edge 800 cheaper than them. Gave them a call but they refused to price match as non of them were on their list. What sort of a price match scheme is that?

On the other hand, when I have bought from them I have to say their after-sales is brilliant.

Maybe it just depends who answers the phone?!?!

400bhp

Guru
The local store has never had a problem price matching - give them the url and away they go. Perhaps they have more leaway in the stores.

zizou

Veteran
Never had a problem and use their price matching regularly.

Only thing is they wont match prices with the likes of rose bikes or jenson usa (ie overseas shops) which is fair enough i suppose.

Jdratcliffe

yea i just print the basket off of another site wiggle high on bikes or if its a web offer on they site and then work in show them say can i get these at this price not had anyone say no yet

Top Bottom