Evans servicing costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
A friend has asked me to bring some bikes of hers back into service and we were discussing how much the job would cost (mates rates obviously). Out of interest I looked into the servicing costs currently charged at Evans...

http://www.evanscycles.com/uploads/File/servicing/Brighton_ServicingPriceList.pdf

Pretty steep, my favorite being 10 quid for tightening 2 bolts (fitting a bottle cage). How a punture repair can cost only 1.50 more than a fitting bottle cage is slightly puzzling....

Makes me glad I invested in a decent toolkit/book ten or so years ago!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Pretty steep, my favorite being 10 quid for tightening 2 bolts (fitting a bottle cage). How a punture repair can cost only 1.50 more than a fitting bottle cage is slightly puzzling....

You obviously haven't seen their London prices then...

It appears £10 is de minimis irrespective how trivial a task is as a matter of policy.

Its a premium/luxury service. :pump:

Those that can, do it themselves.

Those that cant, either pay or learn so that they do not pay.

snorri

Legendary Member
I suppose someone has to pay for all the "customers" who wear out the carpets while they peruse the laden display stands in the comfortably heated premises in a highly taxed area of the town/city, then use staff members time to gain "free" advice before going home to buy what they need from an internet supplier.:sad:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Pretty steep, my favorite being 10 quid for tightening 2 bolts (fitting a bottle cage).
Hold on there- if the bike is brought in/ bought with two bolts already in it, then there is the removal AND tightening of 2 bolts, that's the £10 justified! :sweat:
You're right there is a lot to be said for doing the basics (and more) at home.

Top Bottom