Evening all from the NE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schooner

Hi everyone. Being really impressed with the forum I had to sign up.
I'm late 30s in Aberdeen. I started cyling to work a couple of years ago and shifted 16kg but for the last year I stopped riding due to a change in work location. As a result those kg have returned!!! Good news however is that I am now back to my old office and so getting 15 miles a day again. The ride has been fine but for the cold. Shorts in -5 result in frozen toes. Just took delivery of some tights though and a nice jacket coming soon so I should be toasty soon.
I ride a Saracen hybrid now but I'm planning to order a 2011 Cube Aerial or 2011 Giant Defy 2 at the weekend thanks to my lovely employer matching every penny I spend on a bike (yippee). Any advice on the move to a road bike or how to keep my bits warm would be much appreciated.
I'm looking forward to joining the cyclechat family.

snorri

Legendary Member
Aye mannie, welcome to CC:smile:
Shorts in January in Aberdeen?:eek:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Schooner and :welcome: to CC ! :wahhey:

For keeping tootsies warm, I would really recommend some neoprene overshoes. I have some BBB Hardwear ones and they've been pretty good at keeping toes warm and shoes dry. There's a thread about overshoes here.

Lined running tights are good to go over your shorts too.

[if you do get them, better not post about it - anyone reading your post thinks you're 'real hard' ;)]

OP
OP
Schooner

Schooner

Thanks very much for all the welcomes. Got my thermals sorted out and a road bike on the way. Can't wait!!!

Top Bottom