Recommend overshoes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Looking for some waterproof & windproof overshoes sub 25 quid.Has anyone got any recommendations,must be upto the job and keep feet nice an warm through winter.

ACS

Legendary Member
I currently use Endura MT500 overshoes and have no complaints. Some have suggested that the zips are weak but I have not had any problems with them at all.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Got Endura road overshoes. Warm as toast, sometimes a bit too warm. For the price they are excellent value for the money.

400bhp

Guru
Got Endura road overshoes. Warm as toast, sometimes a bit too warm. For the price they are excellent value for the money.

If you are a little ham fisted and impatient, walk in them for more than a few steps and have MTB style shoes they will fall apart.

400bhp

Guru
I currently use Endura MT500 overshoes and have no complaints at all. Some have suggested that the zips are weak but I have not had any problems with them at all.

I have these - from experience they are much stronger than the road version. However I am disappointed with the base of them. The issue appears to be the stitching which breaks very easily. Great if you buy them and make sure you dont walk anywhere in them, not so great if you walk more than a few yards with them.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I use BBB Hardwear Overshoes, they are made of lovely thick material and are completely waterproof, aside from the hole in the top and the two in the bottom which make them suitable for cleated shoes.

amaferanga

Veteran
Endura overshoes are great for about a month, then the zips fail or they just fall apart.

I'd recommend Pro overshoes - I have some Pro Tarmac H2O which are superb. They're quite thin (which is what I wanted), but there are other versions that are much thicker to keep your feet a bit warmer if that's what you're after.

400bhp

Guru
I use BBB Hardwear Overshoes, they are made of lovely thick material and are completely waterproof, aside from the hole in the top and the two in the bottom which make them suitable for cleated shoes.

I have a pair of these too - they have stretched to the point that the water ingress from the bottom up is too great to render them almost useless for rain protection. Still, I got through a hard winter (last year) with them.

endoman

Alexvs

I'm also in the market for overshoes and was looking at the Endura MT500 but they had lots of reviews both good and bad on the Evans site with exceptions for the zipper breaking after a couple of uses. I also looked at the Louis Garneau Neo Protect which for £14.99 at the moment don't look too bad with fairly good reviews. Haven't decided yet as may still take a punt on the £10 pair on planet x. Will watch this thread for suggestions :thumbsup:

Mate has these, wore through the neoprene on ride one due to crank proximity.

I have Endura Windtex club ones, like tissue paper. So I bought some Maviv H20 somethings, done one rode in them, seamed ok, might fit the club ones over the top to try to get round the short cuff length

I have the WINDTEX club ones too, I have to say I think they are very poor.

Top Bottom