Recommend overshoes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
walk in them for more than a few steps and have MTB style shoes they will fall apart.

I didnt buy mine for walking in, for cycling they are fine.

Endura overshoes are great for about a month, then the zips fail or they just fall apart.

Mine are now 2 years old and no problem with the zip. They have worn at front underneath a bit where I put my toe down when stopped at lights, and have a couple of nicks in them where I have been a bit rough with them but they still keep my feet warm and dry.

400bhp

Guru
I didnt buy mine for walking in, for cycling they are fine.

Neither did I.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I have the BBB Hardwear Overshoes - nice thick, warm neoprene, good zip and velcro. Fine for walking in but not very much, obviously - eg if I have worn them to go to the shops, I don't take them off in the shops.

My only issue is that I've nicked the neoprene in a couple of places but some neoprene glue should sort it.

Currently on year 3 - but not commuting :sad:, so not every day.

U

User482

My Endura overshoes lasted 3 rides before falling apart. It seems that walking a few steps for a cafe stop, or loading your bike onto a train is far too much for them.

Alexvs

I've just placed an order for the BBB Hardwear Overshoes as read quite a few good reviews for them and they scored highly in pretty much all the tests I've read. I bought them from High on Bikes who I've never used so will see what their service is like too.

hungrydave

Regular
Very happy with my gore overshoes - cant remember how much they are though.

They're less 'fitted' than many, definitely on the bulkier side but completely wind and waterproof and seem super sturdy.

vickster

Legendary Member
CA have a mini review this month, they suggest the Prenda windtex 'stretch' at £25rrp or Polaris Neo-Speed at £26 or Assos Winter Plus at £59!

Broadside

Guru
I've just placed an order for the BBB Hardwear Overshoes as read quite a few good reviews for them and they scored highly in pretty much all the tests I've read. I bought them from High on Bikes who I've never used so will see what their service is like too.

I have the BBB overshoes and I am very pleased with them, they are as hard wearing as you could reasonably expect, very warm and keep enough wet out so long as it is not absolutely chucking it down. High on Bikes are also very good, used them lots and they are one of my preferred places to buy bike stuff so come highly recommended from me.

Alexvs

I have bought from high on bikes via eBay, no complaints
I have the BBB overshoes and I am very pleased with them, they are as hard wearing as you could reasonably expect, very warm and keep enough wet out so long as it is not absolutely chucking it down. High on Bikes are also very good, used them lots and they are one of my preferred places to buy bike stuff so come highly recommended from me.
Thanks to both of you, I'm glad they're good to deal with and the BBB's sound like they'll fit my needs perfectly :thumbsup:

Alexvs

Well they've arrived already, great service from High on Bikes. Haven't tried to fit them over my shoes yet as got them delivered to family's house so hopefully they'll fit ok as I went with 43/44 for my 43 Specialized BG sport MTB shoes. They feel like good quality and like they have some stretch to them so am looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Alexvs

Well I'll be out for a short ride over to bro's house at 8am but then will hopefully get out at lunch time for a decent proper ride as want to get out on my new bike too as well as try these out. Will report back how they fare.

Alexvs

I went out yesterday and have to say it wasn't particularly cold about 6-7 degrees so didn't get to test them for the cold beating qualities but have to say my feet felt great in them. Not once did I feel like they were overheating and not once did I feel the wind which is to be expected. The fit on my Specialized BG sport shoes is perfect and would suggest if anyone gets them, get the size you are so for my 43's I got 43-44 and it's perfectly snug. Big thumbs up for me (someone who suffers with cold feet) :thumbsup:

Top Bottom