Recommend overshoes please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well they've arrived already, great service from High on Bikes. Haven't tried to fit them over my shoes yet as got them delivered to family's house so hopefully they'll fit ok as I went with 43/44 for my 43 Specialized BG sport MTB shoes. They feel like good quality and like they have some stretch to them so am looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Do they fit ok over the tread on the shoes, I have the specialized MTB shoes and I know the tread is quite 'tall', on my endura overshoes the cut out is big enough for the tread to stick out of, what are these like ?

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
well its a toss up of the bbb's and mt500's,to be honest i'll probably go with the bbb's and see how i get on,cheers for all the advice :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
Phil/Chris-I have both (bbb's and MT500).

They will both fit over MTB style shoes. I have Shimano MT22 shoes .

I bought the BBB's online around October 2010. They got me through last winter and up to October this year. I used to walk in them to/from the garage, to/from cafes, to/from the underground carpark to the office at work. With the shoes I have the front of the overshoe sits quite high as my shoes are rather flat and I think they are designed for generally larger type MTB shoes.The piping around the 2 holes on the sole then started to fray and come a little loose.

However, they suddenly started letting a lot of water in-a lot of ingress from underneath. They are now a little loose fitting, in particular the holes underneath sit proud of the sole of the shoe. I think the constant stretching over the shoes has caused it, coupled with the fact that the front of the overshoe was too big for my shoes in the first place..

I then bought the MT500 overshoes. The fabric is tougher and they fit more snugly. I continued to walk in them as I did with the BBB's. However, within 2 weeks of buying them the piping around the holes on the bottom had started to fray, pretty badly too. The issue is that the piping is stitched on with what looks like weak thread (yellow in colour). I still use them as they are still waterproof, but now try and remove them/put them on as soon as i step off/on the bike.

All in all I would go for the BBB's (given my time again I wouldn't buy the MT500's), but making sure that you buy the size such that the overshoe fits snugly to the bottom of the MTB shoe.

If you like you could try my BBB's giving me a fair price for them?

Alexvs

Do they fit ok over the tread on the shoes, I have the specialized MTB shoes and I know the tread is quite 'tall', on my endura overshoes the cut out is big enough for the tread to stick out of, what are these like ?
Yeah initially they wrapped onto the tread but that was just because I wasn't pulling them on far enough, you just need to tug them back a bit at first but got easier as I removed and put them back on as I got used to it. They sit perfectly once on properly but the bit at the front that wraps over the toe does meet the floor when walking which I've only done going from the path into the house so not excessive but will be used to walk from the bike shelter into work on my commuting days or will remove at the shelter if it helps prolong life as suggested above.

Top Bottom