Recommend me a decent handpump please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
After yesterdays fiasco which involved 2 punctures front and back, a pump from Halfords that didn't work properly and a 4 mile walk home in the baking sun up 2 big hills I'm now wanting a new hand pump for my mountain bike. I'm going tubeless this week but still need a decent hand pump. Any recommendations please? Halfords took the pump back and gave me a refund as well which was really good.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I bought one of these Pro Bike Tool pumps five years ago and it is superb. It’s as small as a hand pump , but has a little foot peg you can fold out to use it like a floor pump. Very efficient and nice to use.

Sadly, the price has rocketed by £10 since then and it’s now £34! Having used it though, I’d pay that for it if I didn’t already have one.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BVOUI2S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2SPEM3E9B2GHB&th=1

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes but which one have you used that you think is good please?

Medium Road drive I think with the separate hose (this for road bike presumably). Don’t get anything too small

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
No, but I'm thinking about it as well as having the hand pump.Previous MTB was tubeless and it never had a puncture after this was done. Do you use CO2?
Yes, I’ve been using CO2 for some time now, inflates a tyre in a second or two.
I have a mini pump in my backpack as back up when commuting but on other rides I just take the CO2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I'm getting the Topeak mini morph and a Lezyne one recommended by the LBS. Thank you everyone who replied, so many great pumps out there it seems.

Top Bottom