shifter recommendations please for 3x8 setup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
But you don’t need to change the crankset. Even your derailleur should still work. That pedal should come off with a bit of persuasion from a long spanner and a lump hammer. Never had one I couldn’t shift even though well rusted steel crank and pedal spindle.
You need to be mindful of spending too much upgrading an older bike that you’ll never get back come sale time.

OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
But you don’t need to change the crankset. Even your derailleur should still work. That pedal should come off with a bit of persuasion from a long spanner and a lump hammer. Never had one I couldn’t shift even though well rusted steel crank and pedal spindle.
You need to be mindful of spending too much upgrading an older bike that you’ll never get back come sale time.
I decided to take it to my local bike shop to see if they could get the pedals out. I am rather glad I did. I bought off of them a good but used set of shimano pedals and they said they could remove the stuck pedal and fit the new ones. Total cost £25. A new crank would have been £50 and I still would have needed to get pedals on top of that

Top Bottom