Event/sportive/ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mooched about sites and looked at rides but I want to enter an event on my SS this year, maybe late summer early autumn so time to prepare( an work on the wife for that new condor pista):tongue:
Anyone got suggestions for rides around the lakes are suitable with a SS ?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Not round your way but this one http://www.sportivehq.com/flat-n-fast-100.html is ideal for a ss :okay: unless there's a strong wind like last year :blush:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I'd love to do the March mini-sportive (around here, Cotswold Water Park) on 'Aryton,' but any hills towards the end would kill my thighs.

Up to about 30 miles I'd be able to go flat out and still have enough left, but 45 or 48? Hmm...

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
I'd love to do the March mini-sportive (around here, Cotswold Water Park) on 'Aryton,' but any hills towards the end would kill my thighs.

Up to about 30 miles I'd be able to go flat out and still have enough left, but 45 or 48? Hmm...

Block out the pain :okay:
Yesterday's hill
image.jpeg

3narf

For whom the bell dings
It's not so much pain; my thighs just cramp up once they've had enough.

You're pretty much screwed on a SS if you can't stand on the pedals for a sharp climb!

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
It's not so much pain; my thighs just cramp up once they've had enough.

You're pretty much screwed on a SS if you can't stand on the pedals for a sharp climb!

Your right there !!! My thighs begin to feel like they will cramp when I stand on peddles, that's about the time I decide to change route home :sad:

Top Bottom