Ever done something physically...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..but not been there mentally :biggrin:

Tonight I rode just under 15mls to a different chainy - physically done it but mentally I was dead!

Anyone else had similiar...

It was 63kms - 2hrs; in all...

snorri

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Anyone else had similiar...
Yes, but only for a mile or two, not for as long as 15miles:ohmy:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I taught two classes at college the other week while I was ill. Can't remember a thing about them and can't remember what I taught but my manager was happy with the result as were the kids.

Shortly after my brother died I was driving up the M1 with my then wife. Something triggered a memory and suddenly in my mind I was in the passenger seat of my brother's car and he was driving and we were chatting away. Some time later I returned to reality and needed to stop for a cry. I had to explain to my wife what happened and she said she wondered why I was so quiet for about 5 miles. I had no idea what happened during my driving for that time but whatever it was it must have been 'safe' as she wasn't aware of me not being there for a while.
The mind does strange things sometimes, autopilot was definately on my side that day even though I had never driven that bit of the M1 before.

Most of my working life!

In my thoughts I'm almost always travelling - being somewhere, not just the actual journey, except when I'm 'on my bike'!

Like RT, I have lapses of memory of time and distances travelled (but I'm not a lorry driver :biggrin:).

Anyway, how comes there wasn't a poll with this thread? :biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I set off to drive to Windsor on the M40 and went autopilot and just drove to Oxford. Didn't make it all the way, got to the cutting through the hills and that woke me up......

Having sex whilst on acid, now that's not being there mentally!

Melvil

I once had an extremely strange experience whilst doing a half marathon.

I was doing it on my own, on the hottest day of the year, with only about 500mls of water held in my hand. Stupid, I know, but I was a teenager.

Therefore, the following might have been the result of dehydration...anyway, I ran about 10 miles with not too much problems apart from the heat. After I got past the 10 mile mark I developed a strange dislocation with what I was doing. It was almost as if I'd stepped back from my running self and was watching what he was doing. I saw that I was putting one foot in front of another but for some reason this struck me as rather strange, abnormal, in fact. After another ten minutes of this I saw the legs slowing down without being bothered one way or another and then suddenly I was standing there on the concrete, panting and wondering what the hell was going on

I walked the rest of the wayhome and felt fine apart from being totally bewildered at my strange experience!

Because of my workload the last 5 months has been like that for me! I've shifted an absolute tonne of stuff but I couldn't tell you when I did it or how I did it. I just have this enormous pile of outputs, and apparently I've also organized and run several events too! The next half of this year shouldn't be as bad as that, and today I am enjoying the pleasant experience of not being in a blind panic. It's quite nice actually...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh
I often post papers, walk off and can be down the road and cant remember posting the paper. I look in the trolley and its not there, but still cant remember posting it.
Done that many times, but mainly in the mornings, not so much with the afternoon papers. So there is an excuse for it.

Top Bottom