Ever known that you'll regret it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday I sold one of my bikes. To be fair I had five and it's now down to four...the wife is a lot happier as there is more room in the garage and the money received has paid for our summer holiday (nothing special but at least paid for!).

Thing is, it was the first bike that I'd completely specced for myself using custom build. I Ioved it and it was never going to be bettered...until I got my latest carbon. The wife said that something had to go (thankfully not me) so I put it on a local buy/sell.

It went to a local youngster who was completely made up that his parents had bought it for him...his reaction when they said that he could have it put a massive smile on my face! However, as soon as it was wheeled off the drive I felt really sad :-(

Ever sold anything and wished that you hadn't?

Bonus

Veteran
A kidney . . . .

gbb

Legendary Member
I was once larking about with a VERY sharp knife, chopping at a piece of stick.
I watched the blade thumping into the wood and thought, bugger, my fingers are close...and within seconds...I was regretting my actions.

VW Beetle

MarkF

Guru
Kawasaki kz750 Spectre (Can't find another) and a load of wristwatches that I wish I could get back.

DSCF7856.jpg

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
My first really good bike. Sold to raise funds to go to college, around 1964. Ted Gerrard, Campag everything, sprints and tubs. I sold my Dinky toys and Meccano to help pay for it.

Top Bottom