Every nutter......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just one of those mornings this morning, every nutter and his wife seemed to be out on the road. I had close passes, cars racing me into pinch points, Bromptonites coming off the pavement onto the road right in front of me. I managed to keep calm until London Bridge, was heading off Borough High Street round the fast right hander into Southwark Street when some d******d decided to jump the northbound red light. Hopefully I taught him a few new words!!! :evil:

BSRU

A Human Being
I did find it strange this morning that there appeared to be alot more traffic than I would normally expect on my commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bad traffic this morning. One very impatient taxi driver leaning in his horn as three of us pulled away from lights. Wanted past us, I turned and saw a private hire. Anyway he blasts past and pulls into the layby near some shops where taxis generally wait. He winds down window and tells me to f off. "I say learn how to drive you fat tw#t".

Dora

Funny how there's always a lot more traffic when the weather starts to go bad. Lot less bikes too - wierd coincidence, that. :evil:

I had a muppet try to follow me out of a side street this morning. Thing is, the gap was only big enough for me. Hope the near miss woke him up!

Just one of those mornings this morning, every nutter and his wife seemed to be out on the road. I had close passes, cars racing me into pinch points, Bromptonites coming off the pavement onto the road right in front of me. I managed to keep calm until London Bridge, was heading off Borough High Street round the fast right hander into Southwark Street when some d******d decided to jump the northbound red light. Hopefully I taught him a few new words!!! :evil:

Add to that list, motorists who have to "race" us to stop signs and/or red lights. Can someone PLEASE explain to me just WHY the bloody hell motorists feel the need to "race" us to stop signs and/or red lights? I mean it isn't like they really gain anything in doing so.

I mean when we pull up behind them a second or two after they get to the red light/stop sign have they really truly gained anything by having raced us to it?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Add to that list, motorists who have to "race" us to stop signs and/or red lights. Can someone PLEASE explain to me just WHY the bloody hell motorists feel the need to "race" us to stop signs and/or red lights? I mean it isn't like they really gain anything in doing so.

I mean when we pull up behind them a second or two after they get to the red light/stop sign have they really truly gained anything by having raced us to it?

I'm baffled by motorists who blast past, when I'm freewheeling to reduce braking, and then they slam on the brakes to join the long queue ahead.

Think off all the lost energy and the wear on their brakes. They then complain about the cost of fuel.

I'm baffled by motorists who blast past, when I'm freewheeling to reduce braking, and then they slam on the brakes to join the long queue ahead.

Think off all the lost energy and the wear on their brakes. They then complain about the cost of fuel.

I agree, motorists claim that we cyclists do some weird shoot on the road, but they take it to a whole new level.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well today was even worse and 90% of the nutters were cyclists. I thought cycling nutters hibernated in winter.

First I had a guy near Surrey Quays who overtook me on the approach to a zebra crossing, I was slowing down for a reason you t*****r. I tried to smile at the lady who had just jumped out of her skin in a "We're not all that stupid, honest" kind of way.

Then when I caught him up on the approach to some lights (for those who know it there's a bus lane with separate lights), I signalled right and moved into the main traffic flow out of the bus lane to a. overtake him and b. I'd seen the lights about 50 yards ahead were going to change in priority of the traffic. I was about 10 yards behind and accelerating, he looked over his shoulder (good thing), saw me (good thing) and then f**king pulled right anyway!!! (Bad thing!!!).

Then there was the now usual nutter who rlj'd at London Bridge across a right bend where cyclists have enough problems with taxis and pedestrians without having to worry about pillocks like him.

/Rant over

Strangely enough, even though the whole area was snarled up and the motorists must have been frustrated with the exception of two racing me into pinch points, the rest were well behaved!

Well today was even worse and 90% of the nutters were cyclists. I thought cycling nutters hibernated in winter.

First I had a guy near Surrey Quays who overtook me on the approach to a zebra crossing, I was slowing down for a reason you t*****r. I tried to smile at the lady who had just jumped out of her skin in a "We're not all that stupid, honest" kind of way.

Then when I caught him up on the approach to some lights (for those who know it there's a bus lane with separate lights), I signalled right and moved into the main traffic flow out of the bus lane to a. overtake him and b. I'd seen the lights about 50 yards ahead were going to change in priority of the traffic. I was about 10 yards behind and accelerating, he looked over his shoulder (good thing), saw me (good thing) and then f**king pulled right anyway!!! (Bad thing!!!).

Then there was the now usual nutter who rlj'd at London Bridge across a right bend where cyclists have enough problems with taxis and pedestrians without having to worry about pillocks like him.

/Rant over

Strangely enough, even though the whole area was snarled up and the motorists must have been frustrated with the exception of two racing me into pinch points, the rest were well behaved!

Twice while I was out on my ride I came across pedestrians wanting to cross the road that I was on. And sadly, as usual I was the only who actually stopped for them, and waited for them to cross before going forward. Both cases were if I remember correctly (I know that the second time it was) were families with a small child wanting to cross.

I'd even commented to the second family that even though I knew that the car traveling in the opposite direction wasn't going to stop, that I was going to stop for them.

What I can never understand is motorists complaining about learner drivers being on the road, like they were born with a driving licence in their hands and never had to learn. Duh.

The motorists that I like, are the ones who while we're a construction zone still have to honk at us.

I actually had this happen about a year ago. The city was repaving the road that I was on, the flagman got the all clear from the other end and sent me and the rest of traffic on. About halfway through the construction zone the car behind me honks it's horn at me. There wasn't anywhere for me to go, which is/was besides the point as the cars aren't suppose to be going much faster then a bicycle anyway.