Everyone is an expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeQue

Can someone point me in the direction of one of these studies proving helmets don't help in the event of an accident? Just out of interest more than anything; I find my helmet pretty comfortable and it keeps my mother happy knowing I wear one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can someone point me in the direction of one of these studies proving helmets don't help in the event of an accident? Just out of interest more than anything; I find my helmet pretty comfortable and it keeps my mother happy knowing I wear one.

Fill your helmet boots HERE

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What really boils my pee is things like mandatory helmets on cycle training courses.
Cycle training is proven to reduce injuries, so to deny it to a group of people on the basis of a piece of equipment that is not proven to reduce injuries is perverse and counter-productive.
isn't that a liability insurance thing though?

they can't run a course without insurance and if the insurance policy states helmets must be worn, then so be it. It's probably got more to do with compensation culture than 'brainwashing'

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
isn't that a liability insurance thing though?

they can't run a course without insurance and if the insurance policy states helmets must be worn, then so be it. It's probably got more to do with compensation culture than 'brainwashing'

It's quite possible to get insurance that doesn't mandate helmets. Just ask @dellzeqq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom