Exams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

That time of year for parental worry to go into overdrive waiting for the A-level results of offspring.

This year, just as mine was due to start his exams, he broke his shoulderblade (fell from bike at speed), got acres of roadrash down his right-hand side (burn dressings required for weeks) and a very badly bruised hip that had swollen to the size of a watermelon. So had to dictate his answers to a scribe. It was a horrible blow, as he'd been working really hard this year especially. Last year, he saw mates, who'd had a whale of a time at college, but not do much work, get their A-level results and were then shocked to find that because they didn't get the required grades, they didn't get the places they wanted at university. The offspring was making a determined effort to try to ensure this wasn't going to happen to him. So he worked. But then that injury which left him hospitalised, in pain and out of action for weeks happened at just the wrong time.

But he's got the results - and he's done better than he needed to be able to get to his university/course of first choice. Hurrah! In spite of things, he worked hard and he's done it.

The maternal bosums are heaving dangerously :ohmy:

Shaun

Founder
Well done Wafflycat Jnr. :ohmy:

Good luck for his recovery, and I hope he gets the placement he's after at Uni ... and just keep those maternal bosums in check, you don't need any more accidents in your household by the sound of things!! :ohmy:

Mr Phoebus

wafflycat said:
The maternal bosums are heaving dangerously :ohmy:

marty_feldman.jpg

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Thanks guys. He has done more than enough to get to his first choice uni/course, so the boy done good in the face of a certain amount of adversity. He's really knuckled down this year and got on with it. All credit to him. :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well done to him!

So I guess now he'll be buying his own duvet and toaster and off to Uni? Remember to get in a large supply of big envelopes so that he can send his laundry home regularly...:ohmy:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Uni happens to be 20 miles down the road, so I'm not far enough away that I won't be getting out of laundry duties on a frequent basis I think... Got the duvet, the kettle, pots, pans, etc all ready for moving into hall of residence!

mmmm, maternal bosoms, milfs, mmmm.....

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
wafflycat said:
Uni happens to be 20 miles down the road, so I'm not far enough away that I won't be getting out of laundry duties on a frequent basis I think... Got the duvet, the kettle, pots, pans, etc all ready for moving into hall of residence!

Or he could live at home while he studies and rely on the maternal instinct for (nearly) all his needs :ohmy:

What course his he aiming at?

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Oh no - he's most definitely going in hall of residence! He's going to be doing an environmental sciences degree. And (heaving maternal bosums again) he's got a sports bursary due to his cycling, so he'll get access to some seriously good coaching facilities too.

Top Bottom