Excellent Scottish Local Bike Shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcogs

Guru
A couple of weeks ago i damaged my Thorn Raven in a spill. After asking for recommendations on here for a decent Aberdeenshire shop that had the facilities to diagnose and repair, cookiemonster (and MonkeyBoy) spoke well of Banchory Cycles.

Having arranged for them to check out my steed, it was duly deposited. mine's an unusual bike in lots of ways (it has a disability adaptation), and it can't have been exactly a straightforward job, but, i am very gratified to say, Peter the bike master (who is a proper bike person himself) dealt with every aspect of my repair requirements efficiently and to an extremely high standard.

There is no question that despite the shop being about 50 miles from me, it was well worth the time and distance for the friendly expertise that was available. So, its a big thank you for the recommendation guys, and a big thumbs up for Banchory Cycles.

wafflycat

Always good to hear of excellent service.

Noodley

I've been past Banchory Cycles a few times when riding but never been in, usually as it has been shut as it's been early. But good to know they were good ;) I shall bear them in mind if ever anyone asks for a recommendation.

OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
Nice one Noodley. Thanks by the way for your input earlier.

On the drive there and back there was some stunning countryside which i thought perfect cycling territory. It sounds as though it may be your patch?

Noodley

I am based on the other side of the Cairn O'Mount so I have a bit of climbing to get to it, but I am a regular visitor to Deeside - involves a bit of climbing the other side as well to get back home :wacko:

Top Bottom